• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Angel ST Update

jasonc32amg

Bicycle
I thought I would share my experience so for with the Angel ST's. I put a pair on my '09 in place of the OEM's at 5706 miles. I'm now at 12,016 miles and just swapped the rear out; the front looks like its good for another 6k miles. As the picture shows the sides of the tire are hardly used as this bike sees about 95% highway duty. I probably could have milked it a bit more so let's say it's a 7k mile tire in the back. That's tremendous for a powerful pig like this I think. But for an honest comparison I'll have to see how long this one lasts because I had my exhaust and flies done at 9496 miles and that's had an impact I'm sure. All in all I'm happy with the way these have performed. They're good in the rain, stable into the 140's, and durable.  :great:

ry%3D400

You should try the Mich Road III's youll never buy another tire. Friends are getting 12-14k out of them with no problems. Just my opinion. I had them on my Hayabusa and they performed flawlessly. Got 13k out of the rear and performed awesome in the twisties in North Carolina.

Of course tires are always a debate  :)

If 95% of your miles are on the slab then the PR2 or PR3 would definitely be a better option.  The harder center compound will give you quite a bit more mileage.  I only got 2800 miles out of one of my [rear] Angels while thrashing it down in Arkansas.  I prefer the longer life of the PR2/PR3, especially since the performance is right up there with the Angels.

RoadRocket said:
You should try the Mich Road III's youll never buy another tire. Friends are getting 12-14k out of them with no problems. Just my opinion. I had them on my Hayabusa and they performed flawlessly. Got 13k out of the rear and performed awesome in the twisties in North Carolina.

Of course tires are always a debate  :)

Wow, I tried PR2's on my Hayabusa and never got more than 3k miles out of the rear. After this set goes I may check out the PR3's if they are giving that kind of mileage.

Jeremy said:
If 95% of your miles are on the slab then the PR2 or PR3 would definitely be a better option.  The harder center compound will give you quite a bit more mileage.  I only got 2800 miles out of one of my [rear] Angels while thrashing it down in Arkansas.  I prefer the longer life of the PR2/PR3, especially since the performance is right up there with the Angels.

I'll do that after this set is done in 6k miles. With the wet season ending the miles will start to pile on again  >:D

jasonc32amg said:
Wow, I tried PR2's on my Hayabusa and never got more than 3k miles out of the rear. After this set goes I may check out the PR3's if they are giving that kind of mileage.

I am getting between 6-7k miles from the rear pr3.  You might get 4-5k from the pr3