• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another new Connie owner

aspectone

Tricycle
Hey folks, been a goldwing man all my later years, had to sell my Goldie to pay bills. My wife and are also moderators at a goldwing forum.
:(.... Finally started to look at a replacement and found how reasonably priced older ZG1000's were and always liked a spporty looking ride anyway so I now a proud owner of a 93 which was brought back to life after being botched up for about 3 years. Will post pics soon. Thanks for reading and please pass on any 1st time owner tips , tricks or must/do things with this bike in mind.

Thanks

Chris Lemke

AKA

AspectOne

Welcome to the COG forum. Enjoy the bike.

The second best piece of advise  I've heard regarding this bike is to allow yourself time to acclimate to it before making ergonomic changes. 

The best piece of advice I can offer is to consider joining COG.

Welcome to the forum.  ^-^    Any chance you're originally from the Cleveland Oh area?  I knew a guy in high school with your name.

Check out Murphskits and have your credit card handy , lots of good stuff over there . I'd start off with the tipover bars and highway pegs . You're probably used to a bit more leg room than the Connie has . You picked a great bike and an excellent forum for support .

:welcome:

Welcome Chris!!  I bet you're glad to be back in the saddle again.  I've have dozens and dozens of bikes and the only one I didn't like was the times I was between bikes and didn't have any. Enjoy the bike and enjoy this forum and the camaraderie of those who lurk about.