• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another senseless texting driver cause the death of a motorcyclist

2linby, she won't be charged, if you read the article.  He was following too close and laid bike down, where peg caught and launched him between two cars. 
On a side note, at bottom, a link to another motorcyclist failed to yield center line and hit a tractor trailer.  He was 41.  Both died on motorcycles within 12 hours in same city.  That IS NOT good news. 

dan4aspen said:
2linby, she won't be charged, if you read the article.  He was following too close and laid bike down, where peg caught and launched him between two cars. 
On a side note, at bottom, a link to another motorcyclist failed to yield center line and hit a tractor trailer.  He was 41.  Both died on motorcycles within 12 hours in same city.  That IS NOT good news.
you are correct about the news article. but I don't understand the term "failed to yield center line".

The rider crossed the center line and entered the other lane; he, therefore, failed to yield the center line.

He failed to stay in his lane, causing him to hit the truck in it's lane going the other way.  Sounds like it was a head on accident, from the wording of failure to yield to center line.

Happened to me two weeks ago on a two lane road in our area.  Mid-speed, 45-50MPH.  Straightaway section, no one in front or behind me, car coming opposite direction starts drifting into my lane.  I notice immediately and move right.  He passes me with 1/2 car width in my lane.  I honk the stupid, pathetic Kawi horn, and look at him as he goes by.  Bright red cell phone in his hands, center of steering wheel.  Douche bag coulda killed me. 

I'd go after him amd call the cops. U never know what they will find when the inspect him and his paperwork

Both of those roads, and all the highways in Bergen County in general, are incredibly dangerous for motorcyclists.  I ride Route 17 where the one rider died frequently, and it requires very active defensive piloting whether it's in a car or on a bike - very congested, multi-lane highway with average speeds around 70-80 (posted speed is 55) that quickly drop to stop-and-go due to lots of shopping centers, onramps/offramps, tractor trailers, etc.  Not limited access, although it is divided so there's no turning left/right across multi-lane, but still - if ever there was a road to leave room to think & react, to make sure you are scanning & reading traffic multiple cars ahead of you, that's the one.  I saw heard the news when that accident happened and thought it coulda just as easily been me.