• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any DL-1000 V-Strom Owners here?

connie_rider

Looking for a part off of a 2014 (or newer) DL-1000 V-Strom exhaust.
ie; Need the Butterfly Valve that goes in the exhaust.
      Normally referred to as an EXUP valve...

Are there any DL-1000 V-Strom Owners here that might be able to help me find info?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,
If nothing comes up here, check over on Stromtroopers.com or V-Strom Riders International (vsri.com).

Eddie, I joined the Stromtroopers Forum, but it won't let me post.  :mad:

Gpink, that might work, but this is more of what I'm thinking.

NOTE:        My (cheap $11.00) EXUP Motor and cables just arrived in the Mail... yahoooooooooo  :great:
                  I'll use it to figure out how to use the 5 wires to operate the motor.  Idea's??

On EXUP systems, the motor is connected to the Exhaust valve by 2 cables.
                  I now need to find an exhaust valve inside of a 2" section of tubing. (Photo below)
                      A similar valve is in a 2014 V-Strom {DL-1000} or a Yamaha WR250R exhaust pipe.
                        Haven't found one to buy yet {cheap}..  Suggestions??

Ride safe, Ted

This is EXUP theory of operation and "photo" of what I think I want.
http://www.skutr.net/exhaust-valves-and-servo-motors-explained/

Yamaha WR250R EXUP valve operating..
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=exup+valve+operation#id=2&vid=f6fbaff7837d7564325d2b993ab654a4&action=view