• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any interest in a heavily modified concours?

Thinking about selling the CONCtraption. This is only because I have been covering my mother and sister's medical costs and I they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I will not be putting a price on her, so feel free to make me a serious offer. If I don't answer it's because you lowballed me and I am ignoring you.

This bike has over $11,000 worth of upgrades, I put prices next to the upgrades so you can better appreciate the expense it would cost you to duplicate this. I know I am forgetting some of the upgrades but here are the ones I have jotted down.

This concours is FAR from stock.

Full ZRX1200 Front end

which gives you
Bigger forks with better damping
Separately adj. compression and rebound damping
Sonic 1.1kg/mm fork springs
Much bigger and better brakes similar to Hayabusa (tokiko 6 pot calipers)
More common tire size

Heli adjustable handlebars About $500

ZZR Alternator $919

Murph's KB Forkbrace w/ rock guards $150

Murph's Spiegler SS brake lines $200

Rear Hagon Monoshock with remote preload and adjustable damping About $1000 w\ remote

Full stereo system utilizing Polk Audio marine speakers $300

Factory optional fairing extenders About $100

Brian's heat shields (still in the box) $85

Manic Salamander bar end weights $40

Dual Star/Symptex Heated Grips $50

Progrip Gel Sportbike Grips Model 719 Black/Red EDIT: new Murphs grips (Pro Grip 714, much better) $15

Throttle Rocker (comes with 3 or 4 different sizes)

CAT O ring locker

Custom Russel Day long with backrest $1200 + the cost of a stock seat

+ a custom Mayer seat $700 + the cost of a stock seat

+ a custom Corbin seat (for around town) $450 + $200 for the backrest

+ a new late model dished seat $200

+ a new "old style" seat $200

Skip Holton's "The Original Tip Over Bars" $500 (with light mounts, lights and pegs)

Highway pegs to stretch out

Hella driving lights -- daylight on demand!

Happy Trails side racks with GIVI bags $750

Jesse 70L trunk $400

Jesse tool compartment $150

Murph's Instrument LED Kit (except for illumination bulbs)

Murph's black anodized (or powdercoat) SS Screw Kit $60

Rifle windshield base with custom cut shorty shield + BIG ASS touring shield $300

Fuel tank bra $100

GPZ1100 exhaust canisters, sounds nice and throaty without being obnoxiously loud. $250

"7th gear" modification\upgrade?

K&N Stage one jet kit $100

K&N air filter $60

Auxiliary fuse box / power panel $75

Second Aux fuse box (Murph's) $65

Headlight upgrade kit $75

Trail Brights

Rear blinkers upgraded to become running lights with dual filament bulbs. $50

Murph's GL1800 footpeg lowering kit $150

Goldwing pegs (wider, longer, thicker, more cushioning)

POR-15'd fuel tank liner (preemptive strike)

Electrical Connection LED turn signal conversion kit $75

Fuel gauge has been recalibrated (now it's accurate)

custom weatherproof marine switches for driving lights and heated grips $25

custom weatherproof rotary switches to control dual heat trollers
with coax jacks for your heated clothing $125

2 aux. 12v cigarette sockets. One of which has a lighter hidden under it's waterproof cover. That was a tough find.

The bike is somewhere between very good to excellent condition, I
would say a 9 out of 10

It has about 30k miles on it at the moment

Recent Maintenance
Valve adjustment
Carb adjustment
Carb sync
Mixture adjustment
plugs replaced

Metzler ME 880 touring tires have a couple thousand miles on them, so
you should be good for another 12k miles EDIT: tires replaces about 500 miles ago

pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Concours
http://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Connie2
http://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Connie3

If you count up all the [major] upgrades thats around $11,000 alone not including all the little things here and there.

Eddie, you were very efficient at listing prices. But did you ever list the actual asking price for the bike?  ;)

If you really wanna sell it, better off parting out all the goodies.  Noones (that I know) would spend that much on a pregen (It is a pregen right?)  Nother guy on the other forum has a custom C10 with an R1 fairing on it and a lot of goodies.  But anyway Good luck with sale if you do decide to sell it.  Also hope your mother and sister get better.

Cap'n Bob said:
Eddie, you were very efficient at listing prices. But did you ever list the actual asking price for the bike?  ;)

Hi Bob, that gets answered in the second sentence. Put down that diet beer.

Oh, Color in the Catskills at the end of the month not far from ya at Hunter MT. Interested? We can get the concours to the top of the mountain, might need a hand or two to push but I think we can manage.

For me, the links were busted.

https://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Concours

https://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Connie2

https://picasaweb.google.com/HaChayalBoded/Connie3

Eddie - if you want to get even 1/2 the money you have in the bike, you will absolutely need to sell off the farkles separately and then sell the stock bike. I'm in a similar situation, and IF i were to sell shoodaben, that's the only way I would be able to recover even a fraction of what's in it.

The only other way is to raffle it off intact.

BTW, you said it was heavily farkled? seems to me like you're just getting started  :-\  >:D steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Eddie - if you want to get even 1/2 the money you have in the bike, you will absolutely need to sell off the farkles separately and then sell the stock bike. I'm in a similar situation, and IF i were to sell shoodaben, that's the only way I would be able to recover even a fraction of what's in it.

The only other way is to raffle it off intact.

BTW, you said it was heavily farkled? seems to me like you're just getting started  :-\  >:D steve

That would be a lot of raffle tickets.

Who wants to buy a raffle ticket? Only $7500  ;D