• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any preference on Brake pads

I am about to change my brake pads for the entire Bike, both front and back. Does anyone have any preferences to the brake pads they use? Anything else I should know? 98 Windsor Green Connie "Nicodemus" 18k COG #8566 AMA #1084059 CMA #140229 CDA #0308

thanks Jay. WHat is the difference in braking with different compounds? 98 Windsor Green Connie "Nicodemus" 20k COG #8566 AMA #1084059 CMA #140229 CDA #0308

Parts unlimited/sbs also offers a great street pad (I usually install north of 20 sets per year)with excellent stopping power, and great feedback.they have good longevity,work well wet, are easy on rotors and don't make any annoying noise.Organic compounds offer the best all around performance, whereas specialized pads such as high mettalic applications will have improved stopping power in the rain at the expense of being hard on rotors and squeeling when dry/hot.dont forget to be kind to your new pads for 100+ miles to bed them in properly Jyd we aint havin fun till they call 911

Top favorites for the front include EBC HH pads. For the rears I have been using the Carbone Lorraine's from Murphs. They are a sintered metalic pad, but use a differnt sinter compound for the front versus rear. They are supposed to not be quite as grabby as the front compound or the EBC HH pads on the rear. 2003 Concours, 58K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg