• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any reason to get a '12 over a '11????

kilofox

Training Wheels
I am looking to "join the club" soon. I am coming from a '09 Versys. (gonna keep her in the stable).

Looking at whats out there in the new category, I see there are still some '11s out there that are priced significantly lower than the '12.

Other than taking a 1 year hit as soon as I drive the bike off the lot, is there any other reason to consider getting a '12 over the '11 model? They appear to be identical.

Thanks in advance!

Pick your color and get your bike. The 2011's will be discounted though. Otherwise it's the same bike. As nice as it looks, I wouldn't spend several thousand dollars more for a cherry red bike.

The only difference I'm aware of is the black passengar grab rails (which can be purchased for a couple hundred $) and black wheels (which you can powder coat your wheels for another hundred $), so if you can save more than $300 between the two (which obviously you can) then I'd say get the leftover 2011. Unless you really want the 2012 red, which is pretty nice IMO.

Happy hunting!

You could actually go back to the 2010 model if you choose as besides the above mentioned differences the 2010-2012 are all the same :)

Flathead said:
You could actually go back to the 2010 model if you choose as besides the above mentioned differences the 2010-2012 are all the same :)

If so, just be careful, the 2010 was still available in non-ABS versions.

I want ABS... another quick question:

I have not had the C14 at highway speeds before and am curious if there is any negative pressure between the rider and the windshield (all postions) which results in the push-in-the-back feel?

I first experienced this while test riding a K1600GTL last late summer. It literally felt as if there was a hand on my back pushing me forward when the windshield was raised at highway speeds.

On my '10 with the OEM windshield down, I did not notice the back pressure - much. With the windshield full up, it was very noticeable. Easy fix - went with the CalSci replacement windshield and that sensation is gone completely.

kilofoxtrot said:
I first experienced this while test riding a K1600GTL last late summer. It literally felt as if there was a hand on my back pushing me forward when the windshield was raised at highway speeds.

It was probably somebody on a ZX14 behind you trying to nicely tell you to speed up...  ;)

remcbride said:
That might have been the force from the darkside telling you to feel the power( not the CT darkside) >:D

That also would be the ZX14 sitting on your tail hoping you get the heck out of the way.  :beerchug:

I can say this, though I've owned one for 4 years, this is going to end first clear day starting tomorrow when I ride it over to the dealer and trade it in.

WOOHOO can't wait to get my Connie.

I dropped by a local dealer today. He had a silver 11 on the floor. I asked him what would the OTD price be and he said 14,650. I about fell on the floor laughing. He said that is the best he could do. Needless to say, for a grand more I can get a red 2012.

Stopped at the dealer where I bought my new 2012, and they have a new candy arabian red sitting on the floor for $14,000, that's what I paid for mine in September.

FireIdiot said:
I dropped by a local dealer today. He had a silver 11 on the floor. I asked him what would the OTD price be and he said 14,650. I about fell on the floor laughing. He said that is the best he could do. Needless to say, for a grand more I can get a red 2012.

ha ha ha.....I posted in one of these forums last week something very similar.

I stopped at one of my local Kawi dealers and looked at a silver 2011 also, I asked what he could do on it his reply was "for you about fourteen two" he acted like I was getting a special deal..By the time tax and tags got added that would have been one pricey leftover bike..  :eek:

i was very happy with my dealer, 2011 silver about 3 weeks ago walked out the door $14,166.00 tax tag title. best motorcycle decision of my life by the way. God i love this bike!!