• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody know of fatter foot pegs sold?

Strawboss

These things are WAY too thin. Tried to mount my C-10 pegs but it required removing too much material. Maybe get an old set off ebay and experiment? Anybody know of any fatter/wider pegs sold for the C-14, I searched here but really could not find anything.

These things are WAY too thin. Tried to mount my C-10 pegs but it required removing too much material. Maybe get an old set off ebay and experiment? Anybody know of any fatter/wider pegs sold for the C-14, I searched here but really could not find anything.
U know u don't have to wear ur turn out boots on the bike, right? Lol....Couldn't help myself. I remember how big mine were when I worked fire investigations on our joint team

I'm going to assume ur refering to the stock footpegs?

Try looking for adapters from Kuryakyn. I believe that's what I used with their pegs or some like those connie_rider posted. I have pegs like those on mine. They needed a little relieving to clear the shifter but very do-able and well worth it.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a thread for mounting goldwing footpegs to a c14? Or was that for the c10. I can recall a thread for using Buell pegs on the c10, cuz I have a set I never got to mount...lol

Yeah, I thought it was a C-10. I guess you could mount anything if you try, I was just looking for an easy bolt on. I will research these other things, if not ebay for some old C-10 pegs.

If moving footpeg with lowered brackets, is there enough adjustment range on shifter so you don't have to really flex ankle to shift?

1800 Goldwing pegs will fit many different brand brackets. I had them on my C-10 and now I have a set on my FJR. So see if you can find a set on ebay and give them a shot.

This is pretty good images of the 1800 pegs and how they mount.

Possible option to try; Came across some Chinese made Goldwing pegs. The rubber on them appears to be 4 1/8" long 2 3/8" wide. (Which {I think} is about 5/8" longer and 1" wider/fatter than our stock pegs)
One issue; (I think the pivot hole would have to be drilled bigger {??})

On these, they're not as fat, but are longer than OEM. (I think 4 11/16" vs 3 1/2")

Yea, I know their Chinese, but I have Chinese made Hyabusa pegs on my C-14.
Turned out to be good pegs.
It's a long story, but I built passenger pegs for my wife's comfort.
And then went to the Chinese/Hyabusa's for me. (because the rubber matched the pattern on her pegs)
In my case, the pegs are shorter than the C-14's. (which is good because it gives me more clearance in the twisties)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Just found same style Chinese pegs for a C-14.
(Same design as the Goldwing I posted above, but these have correct sized pivot hole.
NOTE: Our OEM's seem to be 90 mm (3 1/2") long. These are 119 mm (4 11/16") long.
ie; {1 3/16" longer than stock}

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Possible option to try; Came across some Chinese made Goldwing pegs. The rubber on them appears to be 4 1/8" long 2 3/8" wide. (Which {I think} is about 5/8" longer and 1" wider/fatter than our stock pegs)
One issue; (I think the pivot hole would have to be drilled bigger {??})

On these, they're not as fat, but are longer than OEM. (I think 4 11/16" vs 3 1/2")

Yea, I know their Chinese, but I have Chinese made Hyabusa pegs on my C-14.
Turned out to be good pegs.
It's a long story, but I built passenger pegs for my wife's comfort.
And then went to the Chinese/Hyabusa's for me. (because the rubber matched the pattern on her pegs)
In my case, the pegs are shorter than the C-14's. (which is good because it gives me more clearance in the twisties)

Ride safe, Ted
I have the Chinese Goldwing pegs on my FJR. They are nice and flat very comfortable.

Here's a set of Buell's that people liked back in the day. They are already modified to fit. They lower by about an inch and are wider per the picture. $50 shipped usps to lower 48.

Attachments

• Buell.jpg
    Buell.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 88
I got the pegs today, $50 and some change shipped to my door, took about a week, they are nice, perfect for the job. Agonized over the hole size, pin is .465", hole is .475", pin measures 11.81mm, 1/2" drill bit is 12mm or .500", jeez, just drill the thing! Fits fine, slight looseness but when they are mounted, hardly noticeable. Use a sharp bit with a lot of speed on the drill, soft material=high speed. I removed the rubber before drilling.

Just a bit of material to remove in the one corner so the shifter clears, took about 5 minutes on the bench grinder. Reinstalled rubber, can't even see it. Transferred the removable feeler pucks with a 10mm wrench. Done. The pegs are slightly canted down in the front when installed, perfect.

I haven't ridden it yet, Wednesday when I'm home again. I'll try to post some pics too.