• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody trade in their 08 for an 11?

pdsgt

Moped
I just came from my local Kawi dealer.  He has a 2011 in black sitting on the floor.  I bought my 08 from him, have all my factory service work done by him.  I am very interested in making the leap.  Wondering what I should expect to hear from him on the difference that I would owe.

Anyone have an opinion on what I should expect to pay in difference.  My bike is pretty much stock except for the 2 bros. exhaust.  I still have the factory exhaust that I would send with the bike.

What say you?

Actually that's not as bad as thought it was gonna be.  Maybe he will help me out.  I was hoping for about 6k difference but realistically thought he would want 8k.  Thx for the comparison info.

:-\  8 grand would get me a second bike ... like a Versys or a Wee-strom.

i dont think i could spend that much to get the same bike with a couple different features. but that is just me.

I did it!!! And I took advantage of the July 4th $500 offered by Kawasaki!!!!  Doing my part to keep the economy moving forward!!!

Out with the old:

In with the New:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you make out.  How much did you have to give the dealer?

MKorn said:
i dont think i could spend that much to get the same bike with a couple different features. but that is just me.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but aren't there like 50 improvements?

OP congrats on the ABS/Traction Control and all the other improvements.  Enjoy!

Went to cherry hill NJ to buy it.  They were totally upfront with me w fees and the total difference for me was $5800.  I'd go back and buy from them again for the price and I live about 5 hours away from them.

PdLt said:
Went to cherry hill NJ to buy it.  They were totally upfront with me w fees and the total difference for me was $5800.  I'd go back and buy from them again for the price and I live about 5 hours away from them.
Those guys at Cherry Hill are the best. Can't beat their pricing.  Congratulations on getting the new '11. Welcome to the world of keeping a black bike clean. I rode through the rain and spent 10 minutes getting water spots off her when I got to the garage.

PdLt said:
good deal sounds like they gave you something between 7500 8000 trade in not a bad deal at all

PdLt, thanks for the numbers.  I too would like to trade in my 08 for an 11.  I hear a lot of good things about that dealer in Cherry Hill but I'm gonna keep mine for a while longer.  I want to see how many miles I can put on this one.  Besides I may want to get another bike, maybe a VStrom.

tony said:
hows the heat off the motor ??

Honestly I am ashamed to say that I only have 11 miles on it so far.  Picked it up Wednesday, drove it to work and home on Thursday bc I had prior obligations.  Friday I worked 12 hours and it rained later on.  Going for a ride today tho!!!!  I'll let u know for sure later!!

PdLt said:
tony said:
hows the heat off the motor ??

Honestly I am ashamed to say that I only have 11 miles on it so far.  Picked it up Wednesday, drove it to work and home on Thursday bc I had prior obligations.  Friday I worked 12 hours and it rained later on.  Going for a ride today tho!!!!  I'll let u know for sure later!!

I am happy to report that as far as the heat issue.  All better.  I can honestly say that I sat at a traffic light for at least 4 minutes.  Auxiliary fan blowing and absolutely no heat blowing on me.  To be honest, I didn't really complain before bout the heat as I am usually wearing riding pants, and I believe that does shield me from some heat.  But imho it is significantly better than my 08.

I rode about 100 miles today.  No hard riding, trying to keep the revs below 4k.  Maybe it's just me, but this bike seems smoother to me.  I feel more at ease, seems to glide along the road and the corners better.  Maybe i'm just biased. 

Also got my beaded seat in the mail yesterday and I put that thing on too.  Not sure yet about my opinion on that.  Still gonna reach out and find a set of highway pegs for it tho.  My knees need a change of position every so often.  Any opinions on the best set of those anyone?