• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone in San Diego/Orange/Riverside county CA up for an meet, greet and eat?

burcma

Street Cruiser
As usual, busier than a tick on a skinny dog looking for food, but if I never throw this out there I'll never do it.

Anyone in the San Diego CA or south Orange/Riverside counties interested?  One or two decent BBQ places (it is SOCAL...) and of course Mexican joints and coffee shops.

Other than the weekend of Sept 20-21 I'm reasonably flexible although Labor Day week might be sporting too.

John, Thanks for throwing this out there. We need more action from the so cal scene. I'm wrapped in the National right now but PM me with your email and I would be more than happy to help you get some folks together from the Bakersfield So. crowd. Got a few contacts there ;) NinjaDad, You lookin'?
Thanks John. :great: :beerchug:
Mark Hartman
SWAD

John,

Pick the place and time and I will hook up with you. Have a few friends that might join us too! Keep in touch and thank you for getting the interest started. I live in Mission Viejo and the other riders live in SD area or Orange County.  :motonoises:

Maybe a place on one edge of Camp Pendleton, either on the coast or 15?  I'm in Poway (north San Diego county) so getting up 15 (yawn) or over to the coast not too bad.

We can postpone until after National, as I get really busy for Labor Day week with some CMA National leadership out here.  All good, just will be riding around with them when not working.

Got your email John. Such a great area. Lots of good stuff. Gimme a week.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

I live in Lake Forest so anywhere in OC or SD would be great until this heat wave is gone...................

Anyone want to recommend a place near I-5 between north San Diego county and south Orange county?  Evenings will have nasty traffic, but weekends are usually pretty busy.  All the bike nights I know of are near I-15 in San Diego County.

Sounds like a good event, and we can show off probably the only bike Mama Kaw never made in green.  Should I google map the area and maybe even ride through and find a place to meet?  I've always liked The Field, an Irish pub down that way.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Great Idea! So Cal, here's an event for ya! You can't beat a day in Dago!
Bur said:
Sounds like a good event, and we can show off probably the only bike Mama Kaw never made in green.  Should I google map the area and maybe even ride through and find a place to meet?  I've always liked The Field, an Irish pub down that way.
Looks very cool to me.....there's  a very good chance we could come! Send out the info where to meet or just see ya in Gaslamp area.

Thanks for putting this together...... :motonoises:

I'll try to get down there about 6:30 and find where they are allowing parking.  Miss Swail is a red semi-naked with a beat up main fairing and a JC Whitney top box.  I'll be staying near her until other Connies show up, or Jason Britton starts performing.  Got to keep an eye on my bike-all those whippersnappers on Ninjas might try to make off with such a fine specimen!  :rotflmao:

Alternatively, anyone coming down 15/163 in San Diego can suggest a meeting spot-I'll be riding down from Poway so all the way down 15 from almost Escondido.

The Padres game starts at 5:40PM so there won't be much traffic by then but not much parking between the game and normal Saturday night crowds, but there should be blocked off areas around the event.

I'll try to make it down about 8pm (packing and leaving for New Orleans  :) the following AM), riding a 99 Connie. Kawasaki calls it "Candy Amaranth Red" to me it looks purple. See you there.

Heck Im in sounds like fun Ill be on an old red Connie small top box
no side bags look forward to seeing you all there.

Not Stock, your Connie sounds suspiciously like mine.  I best rush the "new" windscreen project!  I'll also have my CMA vest on-yes, ride a Connie around all "piraty".  Way too freaking hot in SOCAL right now for the aerostitch suit!

Hay Burr sorry I could not find ya I rode around and around looking for other Connie's
with no luck. It was fun and just a ton of  bikes an people parking was a pain but it was
a good time.

LOL I tried parking on the edge of a lot where Miss Swail would be visible, but about 10 minutes later the SD sportbike meet-up group pulled in and 15 or so bikes crowded into the small area we were parked in!

Yeah it was a pretty good event, but my old body didn't like trying to fall asleep with almost 2 free Monsters in me.  It's used to coffee but those things are potent.

I'm up for another attempt, or a tech day sometime.  I've got some left over resistors for the gas gauge trick if anyone wants to start with a small project.  I didn't even solder mine and it's working fine.

Let's see if we can put something together John. If memory serves there's a great place for breakfast in San Clemente, Great riding up Palomar Mt and of course Julian. Nice big loop would be Capistrano over Ortega, down through elsinore, old road through fallbrook good for the OC folks as well as north county. Lemme break out the maps and search the ol' memory banks. Theres some great stuff down there. Wonder what it would take to travel the back roads of Pendleton.
Mark