• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

anything going on in north alabama?

Join the club and create some activities in that region. If you host it, they will come.

Justin,

Wrenching Session, March 23 in Rome, GA
RTE @ Big Bob Gibson's, April 13 in Decatur, AL
Run with the Wolf Rally, April 19 - 21 in Suches, GA
SE COG Fall Rally, Sep 27 -19, Hohenwald, TN
Barber Vintage Festival, Oct 11 - 13, Leeds, AL
RTE @ Cheaha SP, Oct 26, Delta, AL

You could always host a Ride To Eat at Cullmans famous All Steak Restaurant, "Home of the Orange Roll".

COG doesn't hold "organized rides" as you might familiar with in the V-Twin Cruiser crowd. We generally ride in small informal groups. This allows everyone to ride with others in your skill level. So, you might want to attend a few of the above COG activities and meet some of the members in your area that you could go ride with.

Kurt

I am in the Arab/Union Grove area.

Right now my weekends are being used working on a custom Cafe Racer I am building and trying to get the rolling chasis finished so I can haul it up to Tennessee and have the guy building the engine finish it up.

Howdy,
We had a run to Triple R BBQ in Scottsboro not long ago. The March 23 wrench session is at my place in NW Georgia. Here's the link for more information and to register: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176756&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-03-27%27%7D .

What was not mentioned in the schedule above is a May 10-11 event in Rome that ties in with a competition BBQ cook-off.  More on that item should be available on the SE COG calendar soon.

Come on up/over. Be glad to have you stop by.

We'll be at Barber for the Vintage Festival in the Fall, and there are a couple of AAD's in Alabama that would appreciate your input as to hosting an event.
With membership you get a COG handbook with all of the riders listed in your state and a copy of our four times a year publication titled the Concourier. You should join us for just these two benefits alone.      Al

handyman said:
CAFE!!??

What model are you working on? Pics?

1981 CB750K

This is a ground up build completely stripped down and reworked.
Frame and wheels have been powder coated Lolly Pop Candy Red and then everything else is a gloss black or Carbon Fiber.
Here is the bike as bought and what the frame and wheels look like:
CB750-1.jpg

CopyofFrame11_zps320097e4.jpg

Frame31_zpsbb03b421.jpg

Wheels31_zpsa89d7d06.jpg

Wheels11_zps1e078ce3.jpg

Sorry didn't mean to highjack the post.
But anyone is welcome to drop by and help with reassembly.  :)  :beerchug:

IronButtAl said:
We'll be at Barber for the Vintage Festival in the Fall, and there are a couple of AAD's in Alabama that would appreciate your input as to hosting an event.
With membership you get a COG handbook with all of the riders listed in your state and a copy of our four times a year publication titled the Concourier. You should join us for just these two benefits alone.      Al

Barbers is one of my favorite trips every year. This year I will hopefully be trailering both bikes down the custom Cafe racer and my Connie.

Justin

If you have any good ride ideas southeast for an RTE give me a shout. I am in central MS. I am busy Sundays but have Thursday open most of the time. The first Root Beer is on me  ;D

Pastor Tyler

Ask and ye shall receive (more):

Roman Roast on the River, May 10-11. Check out the forum thread for registration information under SE Activities.