• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Apeman here -- just bought a '93

apeman

Bicycle
Hello all!  I recently joined the site, and have made a few posts, but just found the intro section.  I just picked up a '93 Connie in beautiful shape, with hi mileage (96K).  My experience with KZs plus reading the info here gave me the confidence to buy  a well used bike. 

I do all my own maintenance and repairs, having learned first at the knee of my father who was an amazingly capable shade tree mechanic (among other things).  I have been riding motorcycles off and on since I was 15, and I am now nearing 63, with no plans to stop riding anytime soon.  I have been a longtime member of and contributor to the KZrider.com forum, and own a stable of KZ750 4 cylinder bikes.  The one I used the most (before the Connie) has about 108K miles on it. (I will try my hand at attaching a picture, below.)  I ride regularly across the SF Bay Bridge from my home in Berkeley to my office in San Francisco. 

Great site here.  I have learned a lot from reading over the wealth of information stashed in the various hidden spots, and hope to learn more.

Attachments

• SFTour120107_014kzcopy.jpg
    SFTour120107_014kzcopy.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 80
^-^
Welcome!  The old KZ's are still super cool.

You'll love the Connie!  I bought mine earlier this year and my SO can't pry my butt off of it. :)

:motonoises:

Apeman said:
Great site here.  I have learned a lot from reading over the wealth of information stashed in the various hidden spots, and hope to learn more.

Hi Apeman,
Sorry but you get my once a week plea.  If you find you like the site, learn from the tech areas and want to meet like minded riders then consider paying back and joining the club.  This all does not happen for free.  There is a lot of COG not seen here at the forums. 

smithr-scad said:
Apeman said:

Hi Apeman,
Sorry but you get my once a week plea.  If you find you like the site, learn from the tech areas and want to meet like minded riders then consider paying back and joining the club.  This all does not happen for free.  There is a lot of COG not seen here at the forums.

smithr-scad,

I have already joined and paid my membership fee, more than a week ago.  Does your info show something different?

No it was a general plea to all new members.
I do not see your COG # in your profile yet.  That may show up as soon as the membership guy process you.  You may have to log out and back into the forum for it to show also.

Welcome. You can try logging out and back in on the Cog-online main site. If your processed, your COG number will probably be displayed once you log back in.