• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

April 5th - Orange County / SoCal Monthly Bread Run, or not..

bandnuts

Scooter
Rusty and I are sharing our ride plans and would like to make a short local trip available for others to join. Perhaps we can make this a monthly thing, or not… we’ll see how it goes.  We spent some time trying to work out a route that would be friendly to those in a number of areas throughout the Southern California area.  We’re setting the date for this as April 5th.  Both of our calendars are showing open and we’re hoping that work doesn’t kick in and force a change.  I’ll post this on the forum, but let me explain some of the rules first.

1) There are no formal rules and there is not a formal leader. 

2) If it rains, we’ll ride another day.  In the unlikely event it decides to rain in Southern California, we’ll try to regroup the following weekend.  You can check the COG forum posting and we’ll try to keep that up to date.

3) It’s not a parade….  We don’t really need to ride in tight formation, Newbies like me get nervous when riding close and there will be time us to catch up later.   

4) This should be a fun ride for everyone, so everyone should be allowed to go at their your own pace.  Sure there’s times to ride together, but there will be times when the faster riders will want to be up front so they can enjoy their ride.  When that happens, the slower riders (that would be me) can stay back and hold the cagers off to allow the faster guys to move on up the road.  We can re-join and catch up later, so relax and have fun.

5) Anyone attending assumes their own risks, liabilities, injury, loss, or damage to your own person or property. See rule number 1… 

With that said, the plans are two have two designated meet-up points, one in Orange County and another at Tom’s Farm for those in the Inland Empire area. 

For the OC Folks, we’ll meet at the McDonalds at the corner of Ortega Highway and I-5.  Departure is at 8:30 AM (we need to be on time for this).  We go from McDonalds thru Ortega Hwy and on to Tom’s Farm.  From there we meet up with the Inland Empire folks and head around Palomar Mountain to Julian taking the inland side first. We’ll confirm a location to eat later, but for starters we’ve marked the “Wynola Pizza and Bistro” or “Jemery’s on the Hill" area.  Below is a Google Map Route.

http://goo.gl/maps/zTxpQ

For the Inland Empire Folks, it’s the same route but starts from Tom’s Farm located at I-15 and Temescal Canyon Road, again around Palomar Mountain.  If desired, you can follow the OC guys as we go back through Ortega Highway and get in your 200+ miles.  Departure from Tom’s Farm will be between 9:30 to 9:45 AM (let us know you’re coming and we’ll be sure to wait for you).  Below is a Google Map Route showing this start location:

http://goo.gl/maps/f79zQ

That’s our plans...

Kap

Way to go Kap!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :) So Cal folks here's another chance to step up and participate. You can't beat these routes. I've ridden with Russ and had several exchanges with Kap and don't think you can beat the peeps either. Jump in and enjoy some road time. You never know what the SWAD may throw in the mix  :-X

Kap and I guarantee a good time....so come join us.....maybe OMC will make his way out here again! Thank you for the nice comments Mark!  :motonoises:  :great: :popcorn:

Kap ,Rusty
I'm should be off work that weekend and I'm only 70mi north of toms farms so i could meet up w the ride there
looking forward to meeting other coggers. :)
jay

If anyone wants the Garmin GPX files for this route, shoot me an email and I'll send them to ya for review.  It's always good to have others review a map. 

Kap/Russ,
As long as work doesn't interfere, my wife and I would like to join in on this!! I've only had the Connie for a lil under a month so I need to put some miles in!  :great:

Kap and Rusty,

I am looking forward to joining in this Saturday if I can get my butt out of bed on time.  I am coming from Lakewood near the Long Beach Airport.

Se ya then,

John

I am very very proud of the job you folks are doing! It is great to see some action out of So Cal. Awesome!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

I sent out an updated listing of SoCal Connie Riders this evening.  If you want your name to be included on a listing of other COG members and Connie Riders from Southern California, send either me or Rusty a message and we get the info for you. 

Attached are a few pics from the area...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Jay, sounds okay to me.  What time were you thinking of leaving?  If you are taking the 405 S you could get off at Lakewood Blvd.  There is a Shell station there where I could wait for you. The on ramp is right there as well. Should take about a minute.  Let me know.

Fuzz said:
Jay, sounds okay to me.  What time were you thinking of leaving?  If you are taking the 405 S you could get off at Lakewood Blvd.  There is a Shell station there where I could wait for you. The on ramp is right there as well. Should take about a minute.  Let me know.

John, I added you to the list sent the GPX files out to the entire group tonight.  Let me know that you got the email and give me a call if needed...

Karl

So, Russ is out there with the pack.  Small electrical issue had me without lights and a horn.  I wasn't able to pick Connie up until just now  :( .  We set Russ up with the route loaded on his Zumo 660, so we'll have to just sit back and wait for a ride report.

You missed it Kap, the ride was great!  Great roads and good riding.  Big thanks to Mark Hartman for lunch on COG!!

Great ride on the 5th!! We had 4 riders Jeff with a 1998 C10, Jay with a 2013 c14, John with a 2010 C14 and myself with the second oldest bike a 2008 C14. Traveled from San Juan Capistrano through the Ortega Highway to Tom's Farm in Corona. Next down to Temecula and highway 79 through Warner Springs, a winery and finally lunch close to Julian! Nice lunch of Pizza and BBQ and fun conversation. Started home down the 79 to the 76 rode up the east side of Palomar and down the west side (That was very fun!). Road down a fun and twisty Rice Canyon and then a final meetup close to the Pechanga Resort!  I rode a total of 254 miles and Jeff, John and Jay rode even more.

Little cool going up in elevation but heading down it heated up pretty well. A real fun group of COG members that rode many fun roads very well! Missed KAP and the others that could not make it, but we look forward to another "Bread Run" in a few short weeks with all included and the rest ready to go!!  :motonoises:  :great:  :beerchug:

Outstanding! Look forward to the write up for the next SW area newsletter! Great job folks!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

It was great meeting and riding with everyone last Saturday.  Great people, great food and, of course, great bikes. I gotta say I think Rice Canyon was my favorite road, like riding on a roller coaster.  Thanks to the SWAD for the great lunch, it was an unexpected treat!  I did a little over 300 miles. 

John

i was the last through the canyons and the last to post, thanks everyone it was a great day,
great roads and great company.
mark thank you for lunch a truly unexpected treat.
fuzz thanks for the company on that extra 100 miles to and from the meet spot.
Russ your two for two on great rides-thank you  :beerchug:
thanks everyone
jay

The credit really goes to Kap and Russ. They stepped up and made it happen. Really excited about things starting to click in So Cal. The home of Momma Kaw and endless summer. The lunch was on SWCOG and the dues paying members. I am committed to getting YOUR fee's back to YOU, the members, and I am committed to supporting the So Cal area as well as all area's of the SW COG. You guy's just proved that the members matter. You put together an event and as far as I can see everyone had a great time. Join for the bike, stay for the people right? I am confident that there was some serious arm twisting for a So Cal AAD yes?  :) You, the folks that organized and participated in this event should be very proud. I look forward with great anticipation for the next. C U in Prescott AZ (shameless plug I know but hey). Great Job Kap and Russ. Thank you.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: