• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Area/P exhaust reducer install and road test 2009 Connie.

sean97123638

A shout out to Steve at Shoodaben Engineering for the R/D on the exhaust reducer performance upgrade for the aftermarket header systems on the C-14 Connies. I installed part #8653 exhaust reducer in my Area/P full system and gained better acceleration, drivability, shifting transition and roll-on power. I gained all of this for approximately fifteen dollars ! I am very happy with the results. I attempted a dyno of the motorcycle pre-install and I believe the dyno I have used for years may have been damaged from previous flooding of my tech's shop in Fort Lauderdale FL. I will be doing a dyno sometime in the future when I locate another reputable shop. On 05/22 I did a "butt" dyno after the exhaust reducer install. I rode for over an hour in 90-degree FL weather. City riding, stop-go, highway and rev-limiter runs. The exhaust reducer performed very well. It sure feels like I gained a little power. Steve recommended one of two reducers for the Area/P system, #8653 and #8657. I chose the 8653 with the smaller inner diameter. I felt the smaller diameter would make more sense because the Area/P is a top-end pipe. I believe I made the right choice. Thank you, Steve. You receive an A on your paper....Sean