• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ARIZONA Wrench and BBQ Social -just bring your appetite and your bike

Bullheadbert

Street Cruiser
BRIAN LETENDRE will be hosting a Wrench and BBQ Social at his home in Prescott Valley.  :103:  All are invited

WHEN: September 15th, 2013 at 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

WHERE:  4768 N. Calle Santa Cruz, Prescott Valley, AZ

WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?  Bike service in the following areas:  cable replacement, brake pads, fluid change and bleeding, cab sync, spark plug change out, oil and filter change, air cleaner change, wash and detail, as well as, light DC electrical work and bulb change outs.  Bring your own parts.  We will supply the tools and shop manuals, bandages and appropriate expletives for those faux pas resulting from Mr.  Murphys Law.

WHAT ELSE  Everyone's invited.  You don't need to wrench in order to participate.  It's also a social event and BBQ.  Lunch will consist of Tri-tip, hamburgers, potato salad and soft drinks.  Come up and schmooze with your fellow COGers, have lunch, talk about places to ride and events we can do this fall through the spring including the 2014 Regional Spring Rally to be held in AZ up in the Rim Country.

AND WHAT ELSE?  This event will be placed in the COG Calendar.  When in appears please sign up as it will help the COG "bean counters" count the beans and help me to provide the appropriate amount of "grunt and grog" for the lunch.  There is no charge associated with the event soooo...just bring an appetite and your bike.  :-\

scjaws said:
I hope to be there. No maintenance, but lots of BS!!
Look forward to seeing you there.  You'll have lots of company.  Bring your hip waders as we'll be "swatting flys and telling lies".  :motonoises:

Bert

There are a couple "Brian" users, so for the record, it's my house.

Look forward to everyone coming. Family welcome, I have 3 kids and my wife who will all be home and the back yard has a trampoline and swings.

If anyone has parts needed from Murphs and want to share shipping, I will be ordering some stuff myself and will hold yours until shop day if you want.

PM me if interested.

Wrench and BBQ Social has been added to the Event Calendar for the South West Region, month of September, 15th day.  If you are contemplating or planing to attend please sigh up so the "beans can be counted" and I can provide the right number of forks and spoons.  Oh yeah, grunt and grog too!

Looking forward to seeing you there.  :103:

Bert

Thanks Brian for hosting this.  I'll put it on the calender also.  I'll be glad to help out with maintenance for the C-10 guys.  I've got a couple left over 220 ohm resistors for anyone that wants to make their gas gauge more accurate.  Mark

Brian said:
Mark, put me in for one. How do we di it and do I need anything else?

It's a simple easy to install mod.  I'll have to look at how I did mine again.  I can't remember if I soldered it in place.  Do you have a soldering iron available?  You can also just push it into the tank electrical connector.  We'll see.  Mark

Looks like my throttle cable may be on my wrenchin calendar as I have still not had time to get to it...  :mad:

Coming up folks, rain or shine this is a go! We will have the 3 car garage cleared and teady to fill with Connies.

Brian,  Check for the correct address ( as stated in the first post) as I went to look it up yesterday and mapquest can't find it.  Might be a little confusing for someone.  Mark

BertL said:
BRIAN LETENDRE will be hosting a Wrench and BBQ Social at his home in Prescott Valley.  :103:  All are invited

WHEN: September 15th, 2013 at 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

WHERE:  4768 N. Calle Santa Cruz, Prescott Valley, AZ

WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?  Bike service in the following areas:  cable replacement, brake pads, fluid change and bleeding, cab sync, spark plug change out, oil and filter change, air cleaner change, wash and detail, as well as, light DC electrical work and bulb change outs.  Bring your own parts.  We will supply the tools and shop manuals, bandages and appropriate expletives for those faux pas resulting from Mr.  Murphys Law.

WHAT ELSE  Everyone's invited.  You don't need to wrench in order to participate.  It's also a social event and BBQ.  Lunch will consist of Tri-tip, hamburgers, potato salad and soft drinks.  Come up and schmooze with your fellow COGers, have lunch, talk about places to ride and events we can do this fall through the spring including the 2014 Regional Spring Rally to be held in AZ up in the Rim Country.

AND WHAT ELSE?  This event will be placed in the COG Calendar.  When in appears please sign up as it will help the COG "bean counters" count the beans and help me to provide the appropriate amount of "grunt and grog" for the lunch.  There is no charge associated with the event soooo...just bring an appetite and your bike.  :-\
PLEASE NOTE CORRECTION TO ADDRESS for the event.  I inadvertently left off part of the street name  :-[ :-[ :-[ the correct address is 4768 N. Calle Santa Cruz, Prescott Valley, AZ.  The correction has been made to the original posting and will be made in the event calendar.  My apologies.

Bert

Thanks everyone for attending the Wrenching/BBQ Social on Sunday.  Thanks Brian for hosting the event and Tom Taylor for bringing up those great tasting pies from Rock Springs Cafe.  We wrenched on Brian's C-10 replacing the throttle cables.  Mark Blackman affixed a resistor to the pig tail wiring coming off the fuel tank to make the fuel gauge comport with reality.  Everyone had a great time wrenching, schmoozing and eating...tri tip with potato salad and berry pie for desert.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/propertyalchemist/AZ%20Wrenching%20session/IMG_0811_zps178407de.jpg

The next scheduled AZ event will be a loop ride October 26 on the Coronado Trail (Devils Hwy) beginning and ending in Springerville.  More on this later as we workout the last of the details.

Thanks again everyone,

Bert