• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AVON FYI

haileymon

Bicycle
I recently heard from AVON USA with the news that the AZARO replacement should be in by the end of the year. Finally, a dual compound rear for the stock rim. :whoo:

Heh, my first post here  ^-^

I've been running a dual compound Azaro on behalf of Avon GB for the past six months. Mileage is now around 3k miles and shows no signs of squaring off. The squaring off issue is something Avon are keen to reduce, which is a common problem for us riders OTP, rather than wearing a tire down to the legal minimum. Most tires are replaced because of the squaring off, perhaps with still many mm of tread left just off centre, hence the DC.

The tread depth at new was 6.7mm and the current wear rate is consistent at around 1000 miles per 1mm of rubber which is miles better than the previous five Azaros I've run. This will obviously vary from rider to rider, bike to bike etc, etc..

When the Storm 2 was first launched, there was supposed to be a 150/80Z16 in the range but after viewing rider feedback, the tire never made it into production. Avon now admit it was an oversight on their part as they've since learnt that there is a demand for such a tire - enter the Azaro DC.

The Azaro DC is a stop gap tire until the Storm 3 is launched (it's still in its infancy) and yes, I'm assured that this new family of Avon tires will have a 150/80Z16 in the range.

I was also assured that this Azaro DC would be launched in Europe back in late 2010, so don't believe all that you're told. To date, I've not been told a release date for the DC.

HTH

Dang just needed to buy the av46, got a plug in the stock 9 year old tire so it no love lost when the leak appeared, but guess the 17" can wait awhile longer as long as avon keeps taking care of us.

"The tread depth at new was 6.7mm and the current wear rate is consistent at around 1000 miles per 1mm of rubber"

7K tread life for a DC tar?  :eek: :-\

Zorlac said:
"The tread depth at new was 6.7mm and the current wear rate is consistent at around 1000 miles per 1mm of rubber"

7K tread life for a DC tar?  :eek: :-\
I'd be thinking 4500 to maybe 5000. I don't like riding on almost bald tires.