• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avon Storm 3D warranty

SJR

I have an almost brand new (less than 1k miles) Avon Storm 3D on the rear of my C10.  I have a small nail in it (loses air slowly).  Has anyone had any luck with the Avon Road hazard replacement?
Steve
'99 C10

SR said:
I have an almost brand new (less than 1k miles) Avon Storm 3D on the rear of my C10.  I have a small nail in it (loses air slowly).  Has anyone had any luck with the Avon Road hazard replacement?
Steve
'99 C10

I have not, but I do suggest you stop riding on it now, and jamb a glue goobered wormy plug rope in as soon as possible.. then just ride it till its bald.
;) :)

That is what I will do if they deny the warranty claim, probably put a patch on the inside of the tire.
Steve
'99 C10

I believe the warranty period for road hazard is within the first 1mm of tread wear from back when I had my Avons. As Steve stated his tire had .4mm of wear.

I had a problem with my 3D-XM's and asked Avon for help.
They had me send in my tires to look at, and they replaced them.
NOTE: {at my request} They sent me 2 of the new design Avon Spirit's.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I dealt with Avon thru the company that sold me the tires. {Jake Wilson now Riders Domain}
      The Representative at Riders Domain went out of their way to help me.
      They were GREAT!!!