• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avon Storm 3D X-M radials -- any experience?

ZX6Rob

Moped
Hey, guys,

Going to be looking at new tires in the next month or three.  I know that for a long time one of the recommended combos was Avon Storm/Azaro for front and rear.  Did a little research today and found that the Avon Storm 3D X-M radials are available in a 110/80-ZR18 and 150-80-ZR16 combo, so it looks like I can get a matched set (conventional wisdom on the forum seems to be that a 110/80-18 tire will fit just fine on the stock late-model C10 rims up front).  Anyone have any experience with these?  I'm looking to get at least 6,000 miles out of a set.

Thanks!

I've run the Avons since day one and love them. I just replaced a old azaro rear with a new
3D this past fall but haven't been able to put a bunch of miles on it. It's a nice tire for our
New England pavement and works well in the wet & cold. I'm a easy rider and got 11k out
of the old style rear tire so I hope to get the same or more out of the 3D rear.
The 110/80-18 is the correct size for the Connie front rim and it handles very well.

Good luck and let us know you mileage and pavement for future reference.  :motonoises:

Have them front and rear on my C10.
Very good and seem to wear better than the Azaro rear.
Front is not as confidence inspiring in the wet as the PR3 it replaced was but has not let go on me yet.  :)

Cool, thanks, guys!  It seems like the Avons are one of the only options for a matched front-and-rear set that I can find.  Good to know they seem like pretty solid choices.

I just had some mounted, and I'm a little perplexed... the bike "wobbles" at high speeds. That's the best way i can describe it. I was getting ready to post a thread looking for advice, when I saw this one.
The bike is way more responsive than previously, and I kind of like it.
Up to about 70 MPH, it tracks well, but then things start to change. The faster, the more noticeable it is. If there the air isn't clean, it's worse.
I've checked air pressure. Started at 42/42, then went to 38 psi front, 42 psi rear, but no change. I made sure the rear shock was not set too high pressure, bearings all feel tight, rotating tires they seem to be round (not being funny, but did not see any noticeable runout), and so on. It tracks straight, it just wobbles side to side, like on a metal grate bridge.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jorge

Motor mount bolts loose??  Had to redo mine last year. AND the top ones are a bitch to get at. :mad:

Jorge,

When was the last time you adjusted the steering stem bearings? It seems that the bearings need to be
fairly snug when running the Avons and that should help a lot. The dirty air will always be a problem
with Avons and I think it has to do with the tire profiles. I would also keep the tire pressures up at the
42 psi not down in the 30's.

Good luck and let us know what helps you.  :motonoises:

Jorge said:
I just had some mounted, and I'm a little perplexed... the bike "wobbles" at high speeds. That's the best way i can describe it. I was getting ready to post a thread looking for advice, when I saw this one.
Up to about 70 MPH, it tracks well, but then things start to change. The faster, the more noticeable it is. If there the air isn't clean, it's worse.
I've checked air pressure. Started at 42/42, then went to 38 psi front, 42 psi rear, but no change. I made sure the rear shock was not set too high pressure, bearings all feel tight, rotating tires they seem to be round (not being funny, but did not see any noticeable runout), and so on. It tracks straight, it just wobbles side to side, like on a metal grate bridge.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jorge

Jorge... search "ball bearing dance"  ;) ;) Steve

I put a set on last fall and only have out on 4,000 miles but they handle very well on my 05. I haven't had any high speed issues with them and seem to handle wet weather and heat well.

Thanks Steve... in other words... man up and live with it! :??:
Answer to several others:
- Adjusted steering bearings a few thousand miles ago (maybe 6K?). I agree with Bergman and snugged them a very small amount (maybe 1/16 turn) to preload when unloaded, so they'd be with the minimum play when loaded.
- windshield is a OE cut down about 7-9"; air hits me at armpit height.
- I've experienced the "Connie Salsa" when passing semis, but this is different. It happens when trucks are hundred feet ahead of me, maybe a little more.
- running the 110/80 in front; I wish I'd gotten the 120/70 since it sounds like it would have reduced it, and my previous 120/70 Storm 2 was great.

I'll try 42 psi again and compare.

Other than this, I love them. It reminded me of my brothers CBF1000R in how quickly it turned in :great:

Thanks for the advice guys.

Yup... mounts are good. I did have broken ones some months ago, but replaced with high strength bolts and they are still there, nice and tight.
The change was with the new tires. All was OK with Storm 2 front & Commander II rear. Took to Steve's for his stuff, including installing the new tires (some tools still AWOL after the move to FL), and it was like this... maybe I should blame Steve :truce:  - just kidding.
Downpours today, and tomorrow may not get to ride, so I'll see how it does on the way to the RWTBF rally. Not enough to worry me, and while it does the dance, it doesn't seem to be unstable, and seems to track OK. I'll need to keep the speeds down anyway because Irene and I will be riding together not taking I95.
Probably not riding to work tomorrow because the circus is in full swing. POTUS is visiting our plant Friday, and parking is very tight, so I'll be taking the truck so I can go over the curb and park on the grass safely. amazing the amount of prep that goes on ahead of such a visit.
Jorge

jorge, you're right with the 110. it has more contact than the 120. the issue is coming from the rear tire. we'll talk, I'll be seeing you in a couple weeks anyway. Steve

I've got 2,000 miles on mine and I'm not impressed. Both tires are cupped and at low speeds 20-30 the bike moves like Shakira's hips - side to side. My Eclipse tank bag sways back and forth, and at certain speeds it almost creates a sort of dizziness. We've been riding two up with a maximum load of stuff, and looks like again Avon is leaving me sort of worried on a trip in Mexico. (The rear tire went out of round 2 years ago in Mexico). At higher speeds all is good... or so I think.
Next time I'm buying tires it won't be Avon.

The rear tire, when spinning in gear on the center stand has a 3/4" side to side wobble. We made it the 500 miles back to the border - keeping the speed under 85mph since I know little about tire construction and failure (but thoughts of Ford Explorer/ Firestone blowouts kept me from going any faster).
Once safely home, I weighed our stuff - top case, saddle bags, and all contents- just shy of 100 pounds. Me and the wife, 360 pounds. 460 pounds total, plus gas in the tank.
I can't find weight carrying capacities of the tires anywhere but it seems like we should have been OK.
The same exact failure occurred in 2014 with Avon Azaro and I found a replacement in Mexico - Pirelli Route 1 bias tire that performed flawlessly with the same weight and bad roads.
Any suggestions?????

At 460 lbs., you are exceeding the design capacity of the C-10 (440 lbs.)  Not saying that is the cause, just an observation.  I suspect that the max load figure is conservative anyway.   

No advice to offer, but there has to be a major flaw with the tire, wheel or mounting.  No way should be seeing that much wobble.  I'll stay tuned to hear what you find. 

Greenie said:
The rear tire, when spinning in gear on the center stand has a 3/4" side to side wobble. We made it the 500 miles back to the border - keeping the speed under 85mph since I know little about tire construction and failure (but thoughts of Ford Explorer/ Firestone blowouts kept me from going any faster).
Once safely home, I weighed our stuff - top case, saddle bags, and all contents- just shy of 100 pounds. Me and the wife, 360 pounds. 460 pounds total, plus gas in the tank.
I can't find weight carrying capacities of the tires anywhere but it seems like we should have been OK.
The same exact failure occurred in 2014 with Avon Azaro and I found a replacement in Mexico - Pirelli Route 1 bias tire that performed flawlessly with the same weight and bad roads.
Any suggestions?????
Bent rim, bad bearings, missing spacer, really bad tire construction. If the entire rear end isn't moving side to side, it's one of them.  If the entire rear is moving (suspension/swing arm) you have bearing issues at the pivot point.
And I've seen 350# guys on a ZG before...don't think weight is gonna be that much of a problem. She'll handle it unless you have mechanical issues preventing it from handling it.

Jorge said:
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jorge
Tire profile is (was) different on Azaro's than other tires. More rounded. At least that was one of their advertising points (don't remember what they called it). Not sure if that's changed with the new styles.

I don't think it's the wheel, bearings, or spacer because between the two failed Avons I had the Pirelli Route 1 on the back. It rode perfectly fine with the same load in Mexico and I got over 7,000 miles out of it. Then I installed the second Avon - this time the Storm 3D-XM - it went bad with less than 2,000 miles on it.
I'll call Avon's Representative and report back what I learn.
The load rating of the 3D X-M is 761 per tire, or 1522 combined front & rear. Us, our stuff, and the bike weigh 1132 - if the rear tire gets 70% of the weight (my worst case guess) then the rear tire is slightly over the load rating at 793.
The factory representative had no knowledge of other similar failures, but I wouldn't think for a minute he'd tell me if there had been others. Next I'll call Revzilla to see about the warranty.
Not sure what I'll put on as a replacement.

smithr1 said:
I just ordered up a pair of X-Ms from this place for about the lowest price I found $263.59 for the pair. 
http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/
Cheesy web site, I hope the service it good.

Denis Kirk had a buck lower price but was out of stock on the front I think.

BTW I got the tires from this place in two days.  Price was good, delivery good.  I will let you know about the tires once I have about 5K on them.

I should add that despite the heavy load the bike handled very well. Mexico has topes (speed bumps) that the center stand would occasionally hit if my speed was too fast. Although I didn't push too hard in mountain curves the bike rode well, the center stand would occasionally touch the pavement on sharp curves but two up and 100 pounds of luggage and it handled very well for a bike with its carrying weight exceeded.

I saw you gave the total weight of the saddlebags and top case; how was that distributed (e.g. how much was in the top case, how much in the left bag, etc.)?  Weight distribution can make a difference, particularly if it is up high.

I'm not sure how much weight was on the front or rear tires. If 70% (WAG) is on the rear then we were slightly over the maximum - but looking at the bike it's probably 60% on the rear and 40% on the front. As mentioned earlier these weight limits ( like 22 lbs for the rear platform) are probably very conservative and not anywhere near the real breaking point.
The Mexican Pirelli Route 1 rear tire finished out last trip satisfactorily without developing issues. Same load then as now.

Greenie said:
Any suggestions?????
At the risk of derailing the topic, but you did ask for suggestions, Shinko 777hd bias in stock size for the rear, Michelin PR3 in 110/80 size for the front. Reviews are elsewhere but I'm on about set number six with this combo cuz it works so well, for me and others. They are good for 10-12,000 miles, YMMV.  ;)

I swore off Avons 30+ years ago, then tried one about three years ago and it failed. No mo for this cowboy.

:beerchug:

Greenie said:
Any suggestions?????

If the rim doesn't have the side wobble, it is the tire.  Check that the tire is seated on the bead all the way around.  If the tire is seated on bead and the rim doesn't have wobble, it is the tire construction.  Make a video of it which shows the wobble and shows both the rim and tire.

Well... update on the Avons...
The "ball bearing dance" is either getting a little better, or I'm getting used to it, or both. I continue to like the response and how planted the feel in the corners.
Sad to say... Wed PM on  my way home I picked up a piece of glass almost exactly in the middle. I plugged it, but not very confident it will hold air... probably a new tire in my future, and I will go with the same.

Jorge

I had the tire taken off the rim. The inside of the tire has delaminated from the carcass in a few spots in the center, about 8-10" long. Sort of like a blister worse in some spots and still attached in other parts of the tire. I mailed the tire back to Revzilla UPS $28 and spent $36 having a new tire mounted and balanced. Even if Avon gives me full credit I'm out $64. The tire is cupped at 2,800 miles (I had 41psi in the rear tire).
If I would have known how bad the tire was inside I wouldn't have ridden it as fast as I did.
Not only is the tire's construction suspect, but I doubt it will give the wear Avon claims.
I'll post again when Avon / Revzilla makes a decision.

I was running an Avon Azaro 150/80 16 on the rear but the carcass went bad causing a wiggle after about 4,000 miles. Avon GAVE me a new tire and paid the tire guy - An Avon AV66 Storm 3D 150/80 ZR 16. Matched with the Michelin PR3 120/70 ZR 18 this has been one of the best combos for my C10. I like it! :)

Hi.

I put a matched set of 3-D XMs on my 2005 Concours just over a year ago.

At first ... the bike did the tango behind semis on the highway.  Didn't last too long.  Wondering if it was just having a lot of rubber hitting the road compared to worn out tires?

Alas, at 6,500 miles I observed the exposed steel bands on the rear tire yesterday.

I do spend a lot of time in the N GA "mountains."  I'm not disappointed and will probably re-up with another set.

Hope that helps.

RJS

Attachments

• Grasshopper tire.jpg
    Grasshopper tire.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 140
Ron had a terrific insight into the wear on my tire:

"The sides are softer than the middle so it might make sense that the side went first if you ride the curves a lot."

Smart man.  My neighbor.  Oh, yeah.

RJS

Avon / Revzilla has agreed to refund the purchase price, I am asking for shipping and mount/dismount costs too.

Just added a set of the new Avon's last year when they arrived in the states and I love them. My bike handles so much better than I did with the stock Dunlops (I know that's not saying much). The tires have been rock solid all the way past 100 mph, I used Avon's on my Yamaha and always got good mileage and traction. It's nice to finally have a quality tire choice for the C-10's. I wish Michelin would make a matched set for our size, that would be a great tire set!

P.S. I highly recommend a good fork brace, gold emulator valves and new springs in the forks to improve the handling.            :great:

P.S. I highly recommend a good fork brace, gold emulator valves and new springs in the forks to improve the handling.            :great:
[/quote]

Me Too!!  :great: :great:

I'll continue with my monologue. The rear tire, after it was removed from the rim was delaminating inside. I think that's a serious safety issue. The amount of wear the tire shows after 2,800 miles guarantees it won't last as long as Avon claims.
Revzilla will refund the cost of the tire but says that Avon might cover the cost of the mount & balance if I contact them. I'm out the $26 shipping. 

Greenie said:
https://youtu.be/2o_OA8_xHnw

The rim is perfect - hardly any deflection at all. The bead looks to be uniformly seated.

Just happened to me also, on my bmw. Avon Storm 2, it ran perfectly true for about 3500 miles, great tire, then on a trip a couple weeks ago it started to get a wiggle in it. Upon inspection it had picked up the radial runout that yours exhibits, and got a strange wear pattern on the left of center side of the tire. Bad wear / cupping. Upon removal of the tire, there's rubber dust inside it, and a strange pattern developed in the center. This is the second avonstorm 2 on this bike; the first one lasted 600 miles and popped a huge egg in the middle of the tread. This was the replacement tire. So you know what I replaced this one with? A Shinko 777. I'll never run another Avon again. Avon should be ashamed to call themselves tire manufacturers. Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Greenie said:
https://youtu.be/2o_OA8_xHnw

The rim is perfect - hardly any deflection at all. The bead looks to be uniformly seated.

Just happened to me also, on my bmw. Avon Storm 2, it ran perfectly true for about 3500 miles, great tire, then on a trip a couple weeks ago it started to get a wiggle in it. Upon inspection it had picked up the radial runout that yours exhibits, and got a strange wear pattern on the left of center side of the tire. Bad wear / cupping. Upon removal of the tire, there's rubber dust inside it, and a strange pattern developed in the center. This is the second avonstorm 2 on this bike; the first one lasted 600 miles and popped a huge egg in the middle of the tread. This was the replacement tire. So you know what I replaced this one with? A Shinko 777. I'll never run another Avon again. Avon should be ashamed to call themselves tire manufacturers. Steve

Phew, to hear it from Steve himself. I found myself saying the same thing for the past few years, I have only ever seen cracked/delaminated Avons. And I am on my 5th-something Shinko 777, great tire and pairs excellently with the PR2 or PR3.

:great:

I am only 500-600 miles on my 3D-XMs but no problems so far EXCEPT they are no more impervious to screws.  I already have a plug in the back :(

Steve before you totally bash a brand that has been good to us and the Concours over the years consider this...

1.  More Avons have gone on more Concours than any other brand is my guess.  That fact will always lead to more complaints logged and more people telling us of an issue.  My guess is the ratio of bad tire to number mounted is about the same.  My guess is all brands have issues, it is how the mfg handles it is more of an issue.  As far as I know Avon has always done their best to handle any problem.

2.  With the new softer sides on these tires and the way bikes work in general.  If you have a low pressure for long enough it could be the cause of premature wear, separation and failure. 

Can you absolutely say that the tire failures you and others have had were not due to improper inflation and were definitely at a higher failure rate than any other brand?

I am not defending Avon.  If something is wrong they need to make it right.  Steve you have a lot of power here now and flat out saying you will never WILL hurt sales.  If Avon stops supporting 16" tires then we are down to what 1-3 choices that are not even radials in most cases.  Just be sure of your data and claim before you kill a company. 

My Avon rear started coming apart and I was using a TPMS system. Never low on pressure. The lowest would have been maybe 38lbs on a cool morning, as pressure changes about 1 lb psi per 6-7* F. Example would be 60* in the am w/38lbs, ride to work. Leave work in afternoon, 85* it would read 41 or 42, parked in the shade.

The tire was never run low, no repairs. It had about 2800 miles on it when replaced. I rode it for a bit in Flowriduh, rode to national in Eureka Springs, then to Minnesota. Close inspection in MN uncovered the buggered Avon. I replace tires before an extended trip for a reason, I want no drama. It cost me a day of vacation running down another tire and getting it mounted, not to mention the extra $$$.

Lots of folks run them, there are some failures.  SiSF ran one, it failed. I also had issues with Avons about 30 years ago, figured I'd try one again, it failed. Good enough of an indicator for me.

Quite a few are running Shinko with not much being heard on defects. I did have issues with out of round Shinko Gold Wing size 890Jouney in the back, Shinko was solid to deal with(refund), went back to 777, happy camper. Paired with Mich PR3 in front. Probably on my 6th or 8th set by now. I also ran several sets of Mich Pilot GT, no issues. Just Avon. They last 10-12k miles and handle, hook up, and ride quite nicely.

I've also gotten stellar service from Shinkos on my KLR, the street knobbies(700) hook up on tarmac a lot better than they have a right to.

I'll never say never, but I'll have to be very, very desperate to mount an Avon on anything I own ever again.

Hi SteveJ,
Not the Steve I was addressing but...
I agree, you and a few others have had failures premature.  You have every right to feel the way you do.  I still say if you don't know the failure rate is worse than other brands you are tossing an option on minimum data.  If you want more data than ask how many people have run sets of Avon's with no problems.  I know I am on set 10 with no issues.  Sure they ware fast but they also stop fast and corner fast and are safer because of it.

smithr1 said:
Hi SteveJ,
Not the Steve I was addressing but...
I agree, you and a few others have had failures premature.  You have every right to feel the way you do.  I still say if you don't know the failure rate is worse than other brands you are tossing an option on minimum data.  If you want more data than ask how many people have run sets of Avon's with no problems.  I know I am on set 10 with no issues.  Sure they ware fast but they also stop fast and corner fast and are safer because of it.

That's good.

I don't want this to delve into a tire war and just go on and on with it. Kinda like Trup/anti Trump. All the arguing in the world will change virtually no one's mind.

I'm glad that you are having success with Avons. I was just stating my position and feelings. No big deal as there are choices. He!!, I even had a 15" car tire on the back of a single cam 750 Honda. Actually did a lot of traveling with that bike. Seemed to work OK, I guess. I bought it that way. The PO laced on a 15" wheel and put a tire the same size as the old VW Beetles used on it.

Stay dry over there.

:beerchug:

In my 8 or 9 years of motorcycling I have never seen a tire just fall apart like I have seen pair of Avons do on my original Concours. The PO noticed it during the sale and was like "Oh $hit! Those are less than a year old! i'll take it back to the tire place here in town."

Well I had to buy new tires for the bike while the tire shop sent the old ones back. You can imagine the plethora of choices for stock C10 rim sizes, Metzler 880's lasted for like 20K, but grippy they are not. Several months later I got $150 from Avon through the tire place. It could have been more, that the tire place pilfered some of? who knows, it was after all Henderson, NV.

The 03' I have now had Avons on the rims, they were getting towards the end of their wear and I rode them until the rear got a big puncture. Handled ok, can't judge them fairly since they were almost worn out. Tread was slightly dry rotted, unsure of the tire age but the PO was maintenance ana1 and I don't think they were more than a few years old.

So it is just a coincidence that the only Avon tires I have ever owned were cracking apart. People seem to love their performance but i'll stick with my 777/PR3

I've only put about 6k on the tires so far.  They handle very well warm or cold. I will never run GL1500 tires or any other bias tire again. While they last longer than previous C10 tires, they handle for crap. The Storm/Azaro was pretty good.  These by far seem to be the best combo I've used.  Even at 6k, if I had to replace the tires soon. I would run them again.  I did one trip on challenging roads with bias tires, I hated how she felt between my legs.

I've had two Avon Storms go bad on me - the first at 1,000 miles, the second at 2,000 miles. Maybe they don't like loads and are OK running around solo, but there's definitely a problem with the way that these tires are constructed. I won't ever trust them again.
I've owned motorcycles since 1980 and never had any tire issues until these Avons.

Why do you guys keep talking about long ago Storms and Azaros on a thread for 3D-XMs?  It is really not helping us know more about the tyre in question.

PS:  If you do not let Avon(or any company) know about a problem and let them fix it best they can than all you are doing is hurting them, yourself and every other person needing the product.

"Why do you guys keep talking about long ago Storms and Azaros on a thread for 3D-XMs?  It is really not helping us know more about the tyre in question."

My last Avon failure was the 3D X-M; that's what I'm talking about. What's more I did let Avon know about both failures. They refunded the tire and I'm waiting for them to refund the mount/Balance and shipping.

smithr1 said:
Why do you guys keep talking about long ago Storms and Azaros on a thread for 3D-XMs?  It is really not helping us know more about the tyre in question.

PS:  If you do not let Avon(or any company) know about a problem and let them fix it best they can than all you are doing is hurting them, yourself and every other person needing the product.

Sorry, that's fair. Nothing personal about Avon, just reporting my experience. This was a few years ago, so it is still somewhat fresh in my mind, and seeing SISF's comments made we want to chime in. I do respect that many, many COG'ers use them with positive opinions.

Great topic, just what I was looking for.

I have a 2006 Concours and replaced both front and rear in late 2014, I did not ride it all in 2015, because I had both knees replaced, but now I am thinking I did not get the front tire sized right. I put Shinkos on, the Verge 120_70_18 and the 777HD 150_80_16. When looking for tires I only went with those specs and not the rim size, which for the front is 3 in. Would it be a big issue wrt to handle and feel if the front Shinko tire only fits down to 3.5 in. Or could something else be wrong.

I read one of the tech docs that some tires will fit the front but will be a bit squished and may end of being both taller and wider than they should be.

I have been riding for a long time and I have never felt this uncomfortable on a bike before, just feels like it will slip out from under me in the corners.

I was thinking of either the Avon 3D (but after reading other this post...not so sure now), the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 or the Michelin Pilot Road 3, all in 110_80_18, they can all fit a 3 in rim from the specs, but I could not find that spec for the Michelin. I would leave the 777HD on the rear for now.

Bluezone said:
Great topic, just what I was looking for.

I have a 2006 Concours and replaced both front and rear in late 2014, I did not ride it all in 2015, because I had both knees replaced, but now I am thinking I did not get the front tire sized right. I put Shinkos on, the Verge 120_70_18 and the 777HD 150_80_16. When looking for tires I only went with those specs and not the rim size, which for the front is 3 in. Would it be a big issue wrt to handle and feel if the front Shinko tire only fits down to 3.5 in. Or could something else be wrong.

I read one of the tech docs that some tires will fit the front but will be a bit squished and may end of being both taller and wider than they should be.

I have been riding for a long time and I have never felt this uncomfortable on a bike before, just feels like it will slip out from under me in the corners.

I was thinking of either the Avon 3D (but after reading other this post...not so sure now), the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 or the Michelin Pilot Road 3, all in 119_80_18, they can all fit a 3 in rim from the specs, but I could not find that spec for the Michelin. I would leave the 777HD on the rear for now.

Get the Michelin PR3 in the 110 size and you will have a new bike.

After my recent off I will be replacing the front with a PR3 or 4 when this 3D-XM wears out.
I have less confidence in front wheel grip than I had with the PR3 that it replaced.
I would love if Michelin would make the PR4 in our rear size but over here the 3D-XM is the only choice.

The 3D X-M front tire is worn out at a little under 6,000 miles. I'm not going to bother with arguing about a warranty but I doubt I'll ever buy another "Tyre".

Greenie said:
The 3D X-M front tire is worn out at a little under 6,000 miles. I'm not going to bother with arguing about a warranty but I doubt I'll ever buy another "Tyre".
Woah... that is some pitiful mileage. I get more than that out of my 'rear' Shinko, and I am on/off the throttle constantly..