• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avon Tires

mtnbandit

Avon Storm 3D XM AV66 190/50 for $119 from Iron Pony Direct on Amazon. Great price on an excellent tire. I get about 6500 on these and they stick and handle great.

mtnbandit said:
Avon Storm 3D XM AV66 190/50 for $119 from Iron Pony Direct on Amazon. Great price on an excellent tire. I get about 6500 on these and they stick and handle great.

A good deal on a good tire. I've been using these for a while now & no complaints. These tires are being replaced with a new version, Spirit ST. Should be some deals out there with the XM's being closed out..

I have 2 rear tires coming from Iron Pony. Got the fronts coming from AMT, $121.00 each.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
mtnbandit said:

A good deal on a good tire. I've been using these for a while now & no complaints. These tires are being replaced with a new version, Spirit ST. Should be some deals out there with the XM's being closed out..

I have 2 rear tires coming from Iron Pony. Got the fronts coming from AMT, $121.00 each.

Hey Cliff,
I got my new Avon rear in 55 series last week, after our last conversation and your recommendation.

One of my good friends and riding buddy surprised me for Christmas and sent me a $50 gift certificate in the mail with a nice letter thanking me for stuff I've helped him with on his bikes in the past.
It was for Jake Wilsons, who I usually buy all my tires from.

I also had $8.50 extra savings cash JW gives for the next time after a purchase, so I added those two together, and ended up only having to pay $96 for it.

I thought that was a good deal, but sounds like this OP's site may be even cheaper than JW's.
(Provided the price is similar for a 190/55ZR17 as the 50.)

Now all I have to do is get some good weather and time to wear out the current PR2 I have on right now.

May be a while though...I only have 1500 miles on it and usually get 12,000 out of one.
Nice to have a new set on hand, ready to go...for once...BEFORE riding season starts again!

I'm hoping maybe to meet ya over in Arkansas sometime this next year and ride some with you during one of our trips over there. We usually either get a room in Harrison or Eureka Springs and ride out from there for a few days, a few times each year. We usually prefer Harrison.
Maybe we'll get lucky and we can make our schedules work to do that?
I'll yell at you next time we're planning to head there.

Be nice to finally meet you!
Bob

C14lvr said:
Just Cliff said:
mtnbandit said:

Hey Cliff,
I got my new Avon rear in 55 series last week, after our last conversation and your recommendation.

One of my good friends and riding buddy surprised me for Christmas and sent me a $50 gift certificate in the mail with a nice letter thanking me for stuff I've helped him with on his bikes in the past.
It was for Jake Wilsons, who I usually buy all my tires from.

I also had $8.50 extra savings cash JW gives for the next time after a purchase, so I added those two together, and ended up only having to pay $96 for it.

I thought that was a good deal, but sounds like this OP's site may be even cheaper than JW's.
(Provided the price is similar for a 190/55ZR17 as the 50.)

Now all I have to do is get some good weather and time to wear out the current PR2 I have on right now.

May be a while though...I only have 1500 miles on it and usually get 12,000 out of one.
Nice to have a new set on hand, ready to go...for once...BEFORE riding season starts again!

I'm hoping maybe to meet ya over in Arkansas sometime this next year and ride some with you during one of our trips over there. We usually either get a room in Harrison or Eureka Springs and ride out from there for a few days, a few times each year. We usually prefer Harrison.
Maybe we'll get lucky and we can make our schedules work to do that?
I'll yell at you next time we're planning to head there.

Be nice to finally meet you!
Bob

Hey Bob, having tires on hand is always nice. I have 1 set on hand & 2 sets coming, so I should be covered through summer. I hope  :??:.

Look me up any time your here. I'm 1 1/2 hours down 65 from Harrison & 2 1/2 hours from Eureka. I'll be glad to ride with you.

Better yet just plan to be here for HMR #5 in April!

Look forward to it!

Thanks, Cliff. I'll try to make this one!

Last year was a rough year for me and my GF.
She discovered a lump, they found she had stage 2b breast cancer, had surgery in Feb, lots of dr visits, then 16 rounds of chemo...followed by more surgery. They wanted to also do radiation, but after assessing benefit vs. risks, she's chosen not to do it. But, she's doing much better now, and so far, her oncologist and the pet scans look like she's a survivor. Needless to say though, Cliff... I didn't get to log many miles last year, and missed a lot of rallies. But, no regrets, and she would do the same for me.
So, we're both very lucky.

Hopefully, 2018 will be a better year than 2017 was! Happy, and healthy!

Looking forward to making some great memories, meeting and making new friends, and becoming an avid promoter of the Avon XM-3D Storms, too! Lol...

Cliff, which direction from Harrison are you? NE?
Bohn and I have ridden Push Mtn. several times, ridden up to Peel's Ferry... are you near there abouts?

There's not many places we haven't ridden in Arkansas, but I'm figuring you can show us where the REALLY great roads are, which is something we both like to do... find new roads.

C'mon April!

C14lvr said:
Thanks, Cliff. I'll try to make this one!

Last year was a rough year for me and my GF.
She discovered a lump, they found she had stage 2b breast cancer, had surgery in Feb, lots of dr visits, then 16 rounds of chemo...followed by more surgery. They wanted to also do radiation, but after assessing benefit vs. risks, she's chosen not to do it. But, she's doing much better now, and so far, her oncologist and the pet scans look like she's a survivor. Needless to say though, Cliff... I didn't get to log many miles last year, and missed a lot of rallies. But, no regrets, and she would do the same for me.
So, we're both very lucky.

Hopefully, 2018 will be a better year than 2017 was! Happy, and healthy!

Looking forward to making some great memories, meeting and making new friends, and becoming an avid promoter of the Avon XM-3D Storms, too! Lol...

Cliff, which direction from Harrison are you? NE?
Bohn and I have ridden Push Mtn. several times, ridden up to Peel's Ferry... are you near there abouts?

There's not many places we haven't ridden in Arkansas, but I'm figuring you can show us where the REALLY great roads are, which is something we both like to do... find new roads.

C'mon April!

Hopefully 2018 stays on  a upturn for you Bob. Good to hear she doing better.

I'm 75 miles south straight down hwy 65.

Looking on Amazon and Iron Pony...
It appears to be a fantastic price for the 50 series. Everybody else is $182-$186. JW's $150 ballpark.
But I couldn't find Iron Pony offering it in the 55 series.

So, for a 55 series, it looks like I still got the best deal @ JW's.

But if you like the 50 series, you can't beat that $118 price @ Iron Pony!

Great price on my long time favored tire model.  Thanks. 

I like how the front doesn't cup (I run the front pumped up hard at 44psi cold - no grip problems).
This is my max lean angle, obviously on the rear, BTW.
IMG_1585_zpsqlxbawke.jpg

Red Fox said:
Great price on my long time favored tire model.  Thanks. 

I like how the front doesn't cup (I run the front pumped up hard at 44psi cold - no grip problems).
This is my max lean angle, obviously on the rear, BTW.
IMG_1585_zpsqlxbawke.jpg

You can scrub that lettering of the edge. At least that's what I'm told anyway!  :eek:

Have about 390 mi on my Avon XM-3Ds and the are as advertised!  Great ride and handling and as good in the wet as my old PR4s.  I am a 7/10 ths rider so take that into account.