• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back in the saddle

Bigben

Scooter
Back in the saddle!!  Just purchased a new 2011 C-14 - Black...will be ready for pickup on Monday. This will most likely be the longest weekend of my entire life. Can't wait, I might just go camp out at the dealership til Monday. At least I will be looking at motorcycles through the windows.

OK Ben. What happened to I don't want a brand new one because I put too many miles on it?  :D

Really, Congrats man. I'm really excited for you. Although maybe you should have went for a lighter color this time?  ;)  I almost got one of the bikes out today. When can you ride? I'm ready to ride. Maybe tomorrow. But they're talking snow Monday!  :eek:

Cap'n Bob said:
OK Ben. What happened to I don't want a brand new one because I put too many miles on it?  :D

i could not resist it any more... i think it will be the best therapy ever. In the meantime, I'll just have to learn to ride 10,000 miles less a year and I'll be ok. my daughter just informed me that it might be snowing on Monday, so the wait continues...

I was suppose to pick it up today, but then it decided to snow... I have to wait a day or two and that's painful.

I went and picked up the bike earlier this evening, in rain, fog and rode back. Felt the Traction Control kick as I was going over the mountain.

Here she is

DSC01377.JPG

Is the bike already in trouble? I figured it must be, because you made it stand in the corner!!!  :D    Looks nice Ben!!!!

In a way it is in trouble. While they were prepping it, they made two little dings on the tank. They ordered a new tank and will replace at the 600 miles service. I could not leave there for another week to wait for the tank. I just wanted to ride.

Bigben said:
In a way it is in trouble. While they were prepping it, they made two little dings on the tank. They ordered a new tank and will replace at the 600 miles service. I could not leave there for another week to wait for the tank. I just wanted to ride.

Perfect time for your inevitable CDA.. Just make sure and drop it on the TANK!  ^-^

doug said:
Bigben said:

Perfect time for your inevitable CDA.. Just make sure and drop it on the TANK!  ^-^

???  You just put the whammy on poor old Ben. And I'm sure he can tell you, he don't need that!  :))

:eek: OOPs.. What did he say now?  :-[ Not the stinkin corner again!  :-X I promise  O:) not another word dropped here!  :'(

doug said:
Bigben said:

Can we put the dealership on CDA??  They dinged the tank.

Bigben said:
Can we put the dealership on CDA??  They dinged the tank.

The dealer could apply if they dropped the bike on it's side and want to tell their story.  >:D  But IIRC, I think Greg changed the rules so that they might have to be a COG member now! (anybody know for sure?) So I don't think putting a ding in the tank would be close to counting. Besides, I'm pretty sure they're not going to tell their story about dinging the tank!  :D

glad to hear you're back in the saddle again. now that you're a zg1400 owner does that mean you won't be posting on the zg1000 site anymore?

Way to go on your purchase, Just picked my 2011 C14 yesterday from the shop for it's 500 mile first Oil Change and once over, mine is also black, but the stock exhaust is no more. I installed the new Vance and Hines CS ONE and gained a 8 pound difference minus that is, just looking forword to spring.

mellow yellow said:
now that you're a zg1400 owner does that mean you won't be posting on the zg1000 site anymore?

I'm model neutral. I hope the winter has been good to you. See you at the next Meet & Greet

Ridge Runner said:
mine is also black, but the stock exhaust is no more. I installed the new Vance and Hines CS ONE and gained a 8 pound difference minus that is, just looking forword to spring.

Mine is all stock, the only thing I might change is the windshield to a taller Cee Baileys. Are you coming the nationals?

Ben, Did you get it out for a ride yesterday?

I'm back to the "I can't get out of the barn, because of the snow and the resulting wet lawn", again. The snow this week screwed me up as to riding. Maybe next weekend. But I thought that maybe you might be lucky enough  to get your new bike out! Although, I'm not thrilled with the salt that's back on the road. I may wait for a rain storm to wash the road off again.

Ben - the image you have in your sig line does not work... It says ST.N does not allow image linking.

I just got a SILVER C14ABS rode 50 miles AND its RAINING in So CAL again.
We are spoiled out here.............................

Bigben said:
Cap'n Bob said:
Ben, Did you get it out for a ride yesterday?

yah!  I've already clocked 520 miles

Nice!  I'm still waiting for a call from the dealer. Got out last Sunday for 100 mile ride. Had to work an open house today.

Phil said:
I just got a SILVER C14ABS rode 50 miles AND its RAINING in So CAL again.
We are spoiled out here.............................

Hey Phil! Welcome here! And congrats on the bike and the weather/ride! We are a spoiled lot here in Texas and I have been riding solid through most of the winter. I have managed 10,000+ miles since October and just put on a fresh set of tires with 13K on both factory tires! I gotta say the front was a bit of a wreck!