• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back in the saddle

Pappy

After the better part of 2 years I've decided to get back on board with the COG community. The old COG website was not appealing to me anymore, it always seemed to have the same old stuff listed. This new forum seems better suited to keeping informed. I'm still riding my old '86 sporadically as time permits. I retired with the idea of spending more time riding but that hasn't worked out. I used to ride more when I worked cause I could ridw the bike to work. Anyway, I'm still and active member of COG and look forward to spending some time reading the forum posts. S. Laslo COG664

Good to have you back Pappy. This site is moving forward with regular changes and updates to keep things current. Various folks are dedicating their time and efforts to be the best we can be. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

Welcome back Steve... Hopefully the word will spread and we'll see more traffic here. The down side is that almost all forum and email list discussions tend to run cyclic, so be prepared for many oil & tire threads :) -- Steve Smith, #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT) If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Welcome back Steve,,glad to hear you like the site,,its a work in progress and like Greg said there will always be fresh info and content,,stay tuned. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

In the saddle, that's definitely the place to be. Though I'm far from retiring, most of the people I know who've 'retired' are busier than they were when they were working. It's usually grandkids, travelling, hobbies turned businesses or all that stuff they've been wanting to do on and around the house for the last couple of decades. I don't know if I'll have the energy to retire when the time comes. :)

Hey Pappy, hope to meet up with you sometime. Always great to see the earlier members getting engaged- you have alot to offer us newer guys in terms of experience and perspective! Steve K. '02 Concours COG# 6550 AMA# 965469 'No matter where you go, there you are...'