• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Travel Plans

Sandshark

Wondering what peoples travel plans are for riders from Central Florida.

I plan to leave either after work (2:00 PM) on Wed and ride part way up and get a cheap motel or leave at 5:30 Thu morning and ride straight through.

SandShark said:
Wondering what peoples travel plans are for riders from Central Florida.

I plan to leave either after work (2:00 PM) on Wed and ride part way up and get a cheap motel or leave at 5:30 Thu morning and ride straight through.

I will be leaving very early Thursday morning. I would not go near Atlanta on the way up there.
http://tinyurl.com/nbayzh8

I live south of Atlanta in McDonough. You all are welcome to stay with me Wednesday night. Eddie is coming up on Wednesday, spending the night and we plan on leaving for Barber on Thursday about 11am. We should miss any heavy traffic by leaving at 11am. Barber is about 2 1/2 hours from my house. I have a route through Alabama from Heflin to Chehaw SP to Talladega ending up on Hwy 25 which ends in Leeds, AL, that we plan on taking.

Let me know, plenty of room.

Kurt

Kurt: It's a pity I work til late Wednesday. I would wanna get started Wed night and crash at ur place if I could.

I'm planning on leaving Thursday morning and running my app "Waze" on my phone so I can track my buddies who also signed up on there.

I wanna take 10W to 231N to 85N to avoid Atlanta. This adds only 18 minutes onto the shortest route, and it's much nicer.

I'm thinking Murphy Gas Station in Live Oak is a good rendesvous point.....

Who's with me?

Following this route, be aware that the traffic in and around Dothan is a booger. Larry Buck and I found that out last year on the way to AR. Even the bypass is killer!