• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best front lift using steering stem

cragantler

So going thru a vintage 1986 Cycle World mag, I came across a review on the M/C EnterprisesKwik Lift. It plugged into the bottom of the steering stem and held the front end up while removing the front tire. Unfortunately, I’m a little late to the game as they went out of business a few years ago.
So I’m looking to see if there is another brand out there that works as well on the C-10?
Thanks and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc..D00D1D61-1381-4BD4-933D-49A3528451FE.jpeg

Cycle.gear carrys a under lift using the triple.tree. saw at least 3 other similar units doing a google.search, so they are out there..

I found 2; I thin I like this design a bit better than what you posted.
(as it seems to give better access to the front end, and looks like it would be fairly EZ to lift the bike),

Have 1 concern; At 31" tall not sure how well it would work with the height of the Connie?
(and the height doesn't appear to be adjustable)

NOTE: The second One I posted has different tips for the bottom of the Tripple Tree.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Found another, with the bigger pins (for less bucks) but the diameter of the hole needs to be determined.
My C-14 appears that it would take a 26 or 27
mm pin. What size would be ideal for a C-10 / Connie?

Last edited:
I used to use a 3” piece of 2x4 under the bottom of the engine and my floor Jack with the bike on the center stand.(Remember to tie off the center stand so it can’t accidentally fold up). Doesn’t take much to lift it. Rock it up, pull the wheel, slip the axle back in the fork and ease the axle back down on a jack stand. To reinstall the wheel, reverse the process.