• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Big Dude Gear

ChrisD

Scooter
I am a big dude, currently 5xl in pants and jacket.  I used to wear Joe Rocket gear, and have been since they opened for business, but they no longer make a Ballistic jacket in my size.

So I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good 4 season Jacket and pants set in a big dude size?  Looking mainly for a textile set, no leathers with good protection and waterproof.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Chris D - another Chris D here, also a 5X dude!  Big world, huh?

Joe Rocket does indeed still offer their Atomic textile jacket in our size.  Color choices follow the Ford Model T rule - any color you want as long as it is black.  Armor, waterproof, with zip in liner for colder weather.  Nice ventilation options for warmer weather.  I have one, and also one of their Phoenix mesh jackets for really warm weather.  I find Motorcyclegear.com is a great source.  No affiliation, yada, yada, yada.

delling3 said:
Hey Chris D - another Chris D here, also a 5X dude!  Big world, huh?

Joe Rocket does indeed still offer their Atomic textile jacket in our size.  Color choices follow the Ford Model T rule - any color you want as long as it is black.  Armor, waterproof, with zip in liner for colder weather.  Nice ventilation options for warmer weather.  I have one, and also one of their Phoenix mesh jackets for really warm weather.  I find Motorcyclegear.com is a great source.  No affiliation, yada, yada, yada.

Hey Chris and yep it sure is a big world.

I noticed that, unfortunately I lean more toward the longer jackets like the Ballistic series.  I had been searching for a Ballistic 8.0 new or used but no such luck.  So figured I would ask here.

I stand at 6'3" and usually wear falls when available. I find that the 5xl in the Atomic jacket has adequate length. If you are taller than me, or prefer a hip length jacket, then I am afraid I can't help. BTW, the Phoenix jackets run really big - I go 4x in that one.

delling3 said:
I stand at 6'3" and usually wear falls when available. I find that the 5xl in the Atomic jacket has adequate length. If you are taller than me, or prefer a hip length jacket, then I am afraid I can't help. BTW, the Phoenix jackets run really big - I go 4x in that one.

seagiant1 said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.  Looks like I may go custom after all.

Aerostich is also a good option,  suits come in sizes to fit all,  and they are happy to customize to fit any requirement.

seagiant1 said:
Hi,
      Look at this! :great:

Motoport is an investment for your A$$! ;D ;D ;D

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/motoport-gear-crash-tested-at-70-mph.507934/

Already reached out to them about a Marathon Jacket for now.  Will get the pants in the spring time. 

This is what got me:  "The final proof of our claims: If you ever crash in any of Motoport’s blended jackets/pants or one piece suits and the damage cannot be repaired, we replace the damaged gear for FREE!!!"

ChrisD said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,
      Look at this! :great:

Motoport is an investment for your A$$! ;D ;D ;D

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/motoport-gear-crash-tested-at-70-mph.507934/

Already reached out to them about a Marathon Jacket for now.  Will get the pants in the spring time. 

This is what got me:  "The final proof of our claims: If you ever crash in any of Motoport’s blended jackets/pants or one piece suits and the damage cannot be repaired, we replace the damaged gear for FREE!!!"

Hi,
        What I liked is Wayne (the owner) is readily accessable, and is a stand up guy! :great:

Hope I never need to test the warrantee! ;D

Attachments

• taila2520and2520wrench0.jpg
    taila2520and2520wrench0.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 112
So finally placed an order with Motoport, just the pants for now.  I'll have to get the jacket later in the year, being a big guy has distinct cost disadvantages with this gear......but well worth it in the long run.  My Joe Rocket will just have to last a bit longer.......

ChrisD said:
So finally placed an order with Motoport, just the pants for now.  I'll have to get the jacket later in the year, being a big guy has distinct cost disadvantages with this gear......but well worth it in the long run.  My Joe Rocket will just have to last a bit longer.......

Hi,
        Well....skin grafts ain't cheap either! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• tumblr_nd95b7RcNH1tk46tjo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nd95b7RcNH1tk46tjo1_500.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 119
No Chit, but I got LOTS of skin...LOL!  Oh well, looking more forward to riding this spring.  Thanks to all for the input.