• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BikeToberFest

JohnC

Street Cruiser
Hey folks, BikeToberFest is almost here upon us. Is anybody going? I have half an interest in attending, dependent on the weather. Oct. 15-18, Daytona Beach, FL tcars, John, COG 4157, AMA & ROK Central Jawja AAD

I'm kinda thinkin' 'bout it ('course I think about it every year) :) You lookin' for a ridin' partner or what?

I want to go but have a commitment to a Sport Touring School at Jennings on Saturday. I'm going to miss the chili dinner but hope to be down there one day of the week, probably Thursday. Feel free to stop by in Jax - I have a flexible work schedule and can stop for a coffee or lunch with you guys, and I'm 2 miles off 95 on the south end of Jax. I'll talk with the missus but I think we may have a spare bunk or two for travelers as well. We're about 85 miles north of DB. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

For Jim or any so inclined: I was thinking of heading south Thursday so as to get in some quality time on the test rides. Yes, I still have that itch for a new or different mount. Just trying to narrow the field. :) As for layin yer head down, camping at Holiday Travel Park in a tent. Yes, the travel-lodge is staying home. I've found this event is best when travel light is the rule of the day. Now what will dis-sway me on this, the weather forecast of a LOT of rain. After last week, I think I can do without that stuff for at least a month. We got over 10" in 6 days, ground is still soggy. Plan to hit the chili dinner and breakfast, but will wait until I get a more clear view of the expected weather to plug my name in. As for how I will get to those events, plug the address into the GPS and follow the directions. Now if I end up in Hong Kong, blame it on Garmin. bgof My main intent here is the "demo rides", alphabetically: BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki. All else can't compete, at least in my mind. Now if you have a more frugal thought on this, do let me know. If you want the opposite thought, I know of a motel room for $90.00 a night but I'm not likely to jump for it. bgof tcars, John, COG 4157, AMA & ROK Central Jawja AAD

I'll be there Wed/Thur/Fri. I'm gonna be on the track Thursday. I'm thinking of doin demo rides on a Boss Hoss Fri morn. These things are so much fun it should be criminal. Let me know if ur in for this craziness :))

Folks: Well, from the lack of replys, seems I'll have plenty of room at Holiday RV Park. As for any changes in my plans, I'll leave out here Wednesday, hit the events Thur., Fri., and early Sat., then head north to try and get to Frank's Celebration of Life, Sunday in Suches, GA. Now if that all comes to be, well I'll rack up another 1k+ of miles on the odo. As for what it will take to cancel it, rain. I don't leave home when it is raining. Now in case someone finds they can make it, look for the COG gear logo at the RV park. I'll try to get close to the main building, but definitely close to the necessary 'relief' place. Yes, I will be 'tenting'. As for what I'll be riding, the Silver Bird. Yes, I am spoiled, but that damn thing can cover the miles in great comfort and you can't argue with comfort. Now for those not familiar with my dialogue, the Silver Bird is a beemer K 1200 LTC. As for Concours, I have two of them. The 88 Red Dawn has 90K plus, the 86 is a long time project which is progressing slowly. Will the SB make 90k in my name, I highly doubt it. Will the Concours still be here, YES! There is method to my madness. :) tcars, John, COG 4157, AMA & ROK Central Jawja AAD

The March get together was empty!!! I'll bet this one will be the same. It was nice in a way but also sad to see the absolute lack of people compared to past years. I used to like Biketober Feast much better when I lived in Orlando as the crowds were significantly less than March.

idk roger i saw a lot of trailer queens headin south thru nc on i 95 this weekend. i wanted to go but the thought of riding to florida or riding in florida just isn't very appealing to me. i haven't made any reservations yet but i think i'm gonna check out jimmie's fall foliage ride in west virginny.

My daughter Cassie and I will be heading over Thursday evening. Forecast is for a cold front (semi dry, not much rain, so they say, don't wimp out on us John C :) ) pushing through Thursday. High temps after that,,,,,,,,77-79, mid to upper 60's for the low!!! yee haw Should be awesome weather. Look forward to seeing all at the Chilifest Friday and/or breakfast Sat morning. Details are on the calender Biketoberfest Chilifest and at a NEW LOCATION Biketoberfest Breakfast

Vic: Too late, already sent you why I won't be attending. And for the rest of you, it is LACK of manufacturers with demo rides. Honda is out, BMW is out, that is two I wanted to see and test ride. Rain getting there or home is expected, but not an entire day of it. BTDT too many times. Even have a day of it right now. It was raining before I got up, still is, dock is under water again and I've already gotten soaked today. Worst part, I still have things I have to get done outside today, so I'll get soaked one more time. So now you see when I have the choice of get wet or not, I choose not. Y'all have fun and don't party too much! tcars John

Man, sorry to hear John. Yeah, figured Honda, they didn't even have demos at Bikeweek in March, the last I would have ever thought would not participate. Still waiting to see if Kawi will be there in force, got the question in, Biketoberfest is listed on their itinerary but word at the National was a no show. Hopefully I'll get word tomorrow. Well, a bunch of other COGgers will be there (and John you know we will talk about ya ;) ) Chili will be had, all will be great. Maybe I'll do a couple of BossHoss demos, those things are redonkulous!!!