• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bill Mayer seat

joeincalif

Anyone have one of these on a concours 14? It's only 175 miles from my house and I can do a ride in same day seat, they look great but want first hand replies. I have a sargant low and just cannot get comfortable on it yet

You'd likely have FAR more success selling your Sargent and then buying this seat.  Generally these custom guys set the seat up for YOU... finding out your height, weight, measurements, and make sure the seat is right for you.  Simply trading is seldom as good an experience, unless you get lucky and the guy who you're getting the custom from is very close to you in body.

That was my understanding as well. I was working with a C10 rider that wanted to get out of his Bill Mayer because when he had it built he was heavier and has lost enough weight that he wanted a stocker back. Bill Mayer seats are just that, custom built to your size and weight. I am about his size when he had it built, but he found a person locally to swap with at the motorcycle show instead of doing the double shipping with him in California and me in Texas. (fortunately, it would have kept me from affording a shield which I need worse thatn a seat anyway!)
I would be interested but at 6"1" I like the tall saddle.. (also why I need taller shield!)
Put it in the emporium area for sale under accessories.. You may find a buyer that way.

I just bought a stock seat from a 2010 C14 and I know it's suppose to be the same seat as the 08 & 09 except for the cover but it sure feel different. I'm heading on a trial ride today of about 250 miles on it and if it feels as good as it does just sitting on it in my garage I will put my sargant low up for sale.

Having tried a Sargent and a Russel (made for someone else), I settled on a Corbin which works great for me BUT I'd absolutely go with the Bill Meyer saddle (or any other) if I could have a personal, on site fitting.  For some reason, all the noted saddle makers ain't in New England.  Now, if I ever get the chance to take an extended trip out West... ^-^

I was very happy with a Mayer seat on my BMW RT for 90,000 miles. Happend to run into Bill at a rally and showed him a small tear in the cover at a seam. He says, "looks like one of my old mans seats! Just mail it to me and I will re-skin it for no charge but if it needs foam replaced I will have to charge you". I sent it to him at the end of the riding season and had it back a few weeks later. New skin, new foam, like new and no charge. Bill Mayer gets a thumbs up in my book.
The stock seat on my 08 C-14 is sill in use as Monkey but has not been a problem on this bike. I like the stocker's grip on my nylon riding suit much better than the slippery covers of most aftermarket seats. Now if Bill has a new cover material similar in grip to the stock seat, go for it.

I had a Mayer seat on the FJR I just turned in for my Connie.  It was one of the best seats I ever had.  I highly reccomend them.

Rick mayer seat here and love it service great too. SOme have had trouble with the service ... not me

I also have a Rick Mayer saddle on mine. Rode in and had it done. He even had it back in twice the same day after riding the original set up he did to make some little tweaks and was happy to do so. The next day he even hunted me down at my hotel in town just to say hi and see how it was.