• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bilt Apollo

strum

I picked one of these up at Cycle Gear yesterday.
  I wore my brand new Ibuki for the 85 mile ride down and was pulling the chin strap away from my adams apple every 5 mins so by the time I got there I was ready for a change.
  Regular $199 and they have them marked down to $99. I know its not a Neotech or a  Schuberth but for a low end Lid Im pretty happy.
Helmets are so weird. My Scorpion is an extra large and fits snug, the Ibuki is a medium and fits snug. The Bilt is a small and fits snug. 
The Bilt surprisingly is actually quieter than the Ibuki and the sun visor comes down much lower and vision was not distorted like the Ibuki .
The Ibuki is a little better looking helmet venting is better and except for the chin strap was super comfortable. But the Bilt isnt bad either.
  My thinking was for 99 bucks if I dont like it I can use it as a spare but it turned out to be a decent helmet.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 131
Maybe all the altitude changes are making your head grow and shrink. :rotflmao:

Interesting review. I'm in need of a helmet soon (correction: I WANT a new helmet soon.)  ;D

So much of helmet fit is more about shape rather than size. In my Shoei, a medium is just right. When I had my Scorpion, a large was almost too tight.

I heard about the following place on either The Pace or Wheel Nerds podcast a while ago, but it was just after I bought my current helmet. It sounds like a great idea:
http://www.lidpicker.com/

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that's actually used lidpicker, and how the fit was out of the box.