• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Black Widow Header Crisis

rlievenski4555

I installed a Black Widow header after doing a valve clearance/adjustment. The dry fit seemed fine, but on final assembly the pipe is right on the plastic of the lower coweling. Exhaust paste in the kit was used and I can’t get the Y collectors apart to reposition everything. Is there a safe solvent that might creep in the pipe joint enough to get the pipes to move and separate? I am beside myself in my stupid mistake and fear I might need to buy another header. Any suggestions from my forum brothers will be greatly appreciated!

Get a can of brake cleaner and take the clamp off if their is one and spray a dab in the joint and twist it if possible and it should come off.
When I put my Black Widow pipes on my Suzuki 1250 Bandit I did not use any exhaust paste. I do remember having a hard time lining everything up. But I got it finally.

Dean

Last edited:
Could not get the collectors apart no matter what I tried. Just took them to a local exhaust system shop to see if they can get them apart without damaging them. Last resort will be trying to buy replacement collectors from Black Widow. Take my advice… NEVER USE EXHAUST PASTE.

Could not get the collectors apart no matter what I tried. Just took them to a local exhaust system shop to see if they can get them apart without damaging them. Last resort will be trying to buy replacement collectors from Black Widow. Take my advice… NEVER USE EXHAUST PASTE.
Thank You for sharing your experience!

Information for yourself and others - A small amount of paste came with my AreaP Full exhaust but I never used it and never had any leaks. >45K miles on system.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

All is well in Southwest Michigan paradise! Repositioned everything for plenty of clearance and even added a radiator guard. She runs so well after the ECU flash, valve adjustment, and new header. Love the sound too!IMG_1013.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpeg
    IMG_1014.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 60
So, you bought another collector or the muffler shop got it apart?

Ride safe, Ted