• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Blown seal

Mininsx

No, not the old joke, but my '08 model evidently has a blown rear end seal. It's got 11,000 miles on it and after a 70 mile ride yesterday my rear wheel was black with gear oil!  ???
Anyone else had this problem?

Yes. Mine was at about 10K. Fixed under warranty, same inner seal as Freds I think. Just make sure the mechanic who does the work does not overdo the moly grease on the splines when it goes back together or it will spray out onto your rim too..you don't need much of it.