• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bluetooth Helmets - Larger Size?

Has anyone tried the new helmets with integrated bluetooth headsets custom installed?  (Nolan N103, Arai RX-Q, etc.)  I have a rather large head - currently using an HJC helmet I bought a few years back in XXL.  This helmet is a little snug but the HJC XXXL size fits me perfectly.  Any recommendations / ideas?

I am currently wearing an XXL HJC helmet and have a Bluetooth headset from J&M.  I am pleased with the headset well beyond any expectations I had before I bought it.  I can tell you that it is a bit expensive but it is well worth it.  J&M makes the best audio equipment for motorcyclists out there.  Cycle World did a review on Bluetooth headsets a couple months back and rated the J&M headset the best out of the bunch.  They back up their equipment with their outstanding warranty and customer service.  I use the headset both for the use of the phone and the use of a MP3 player.  I currently have a DROIDX for my cell phone.  Hope this might give you another idea other than the helmets that are preset for the Bluetooth.

How does the J&M work on highway say 70mph can you still hear music or does it drown out.  Tried some cheaper systems before and didn't have much luck with it, kinda skeptical of a more expensive system.

I wear an XL Schuberth C3, and they come larger. Perhaps a little too pricey with the optional communication system.

Josh said:
How does the J&M work on highway say 70mph can you still hear music or does it drown out.  Tried some cheaper systems before and didn't have much luck with it, kinda skeptical of a more expensive system.
I wear an HJC full face with a Midland BT2 headset with speakers inside by the ears and a lip mike at the front inside.

The Midland gear works well for sound and phone pairing.  My flip phone can be heard by others as I use it.  I choose to use a wired connection to my iPod Touch for audiobooks or MP3 listening.

My wife has one too so we can converse on the bike without yelling (much) to each other

:) .

Send a private message if you'd like to set up a phone call to hear it.  I will have the gear at Nationals if you would like to see it in person.