• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bought two months ago, upgrades so far --> Thanks, Murph!

Epeescott

Bought the bike with 1800 miles, now have 4000.

Came with Clearwater Lights "Krista" model LED spotlights under the mirrors, 3000 lumens each.

I just added the Auxito front headlight lamps (they're upgraded this year to 20K lumens each) as well as replacing the "City Lights" with LEDs. Phil's plate for my Givi case went on before that.

Luckily, Murph's riser kit arrived just as I was finishing the bulb install - and wow, what a difference it makes to me. So much more comfortable. That was super fast shipping too - ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, arrived today (Thursday). Quality stuff, easy instructions.

Now, does anyone know where I can get those little black plastic pop rivets that hold the black plastic plate underneath the city lights? A couple of them disintegrated due to my not knowing how they worked..... :D

Side note, I did an oil change and final gear oil change as well - I was surprised how nasty the gear oil looked at just 4000 miles, going to change it with every oil change. Put in a magnetic oil drain plug from DennisKirk at the same time - red anodized of course!

Last edited:
For the rivets are you referring to below pictured quick rivets?

I buy them from Partzilla. They’re kind of spendy; looking online there are tons of knock-offs for pennies (e.g. 50 @8.99 vs $2.00 / EA) compared to OEM - although I have just stuck with OEM…

Hope that helps,
Wayne, Carol & Blue

28B53D57-4154-4A66-8247-F5810E868432.jpeg

They're available at Cycle Gear in packages of 10 {I think}.
Way more $$ friendly than buying singles at Kawasaki or even Partzilla.

And then of course, there's always Flea-bay;
20 100

Last edited:
I found a Kawasaki fairing attachment kit on eBay for around $25 that includes various sizes of Allen bolts, push pin fasteners, nylon washers, the rubber threaded grommets, and more. Was worth twice the price as I use it all the time.

Reactions: Bud
I found a Kawasaki fairing attachment kit on eBay for around $25 that includes various sizes of Allen bolts, push pin fasteners, nylon washers, the rubber threaded grommets, and more. Was worth twice the price as I use it all the time.
Yeah, share ur knowledge with the rest of us.....plzzzzzzz