• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brain Fart

Jim M.

So I pull into the parking lot and back into the space. I turn off the grip heaters (30 dergrees), turn off the Gerbing's and then unplug. I go to get off and suddenly, OH SH---!!!! Some idiot forgot to drop the side stand! I've been riding for 40+ years and for the first time ever I don't put down the side stand first. Fortunately the Canyon Cages saved the majority of the plastic. The left mirror plastic is scraped up as well as the bag. Of coarse I said all last summer, "I should get a set of the rear Canyon Cages.......and didn't.  As soon as I got back up from rolling off, I looked around and fortunately no one else was around to see my udder stupidity. Ugh!

40 years and 1st time you forgot to put down the side stand?

I'd say that's a pretty good track record.  ;D

I'm sure a lot of others have no where near 40 years and have done that.

I count myself lucky - because of all the horror stories on here I bought both the front and rear Canyon Cages.
I haven't dropped mine yet (hope I never do) but I'm somewhat prepared thanks to all you guys that admit both front and rear cages
would have helped.

:-[ welcome to the club.
As a pilot friend once said about wheel up landings "There are those who have and those who have yet to!"

If a Connie drops in a parking lot or another spot and no one see's it, is it really dropped?  :-X

goatmar said:
If a Connie drops in a parking lot or another spot and no one see's it, is it really dropped?  :-X

Only if you can pick it up without any help.  ;D

Just buying my 2nd Connie but I joined this club on my 92. Went for one of those short rides which turned in Hell nice day keep going. Which in turned a 14 hr drive with a stop for BBQ with some friends. I left at 6 am and was on my way home and after a 2 hr drive, and a 12 hr day, I came to a stop light at around 1 am. Fool forgets to put his feet down and down we go.. no witnesses, Murphs tip over bars save me from any dumb fool evidence.... all done it, some one way others in another... Here my mind was brain = off!

Pick up my 99 on Sat and will start to look for tip overs for it.... just in case :( 

Jim M. said:
So I pull into the parking lot and back into the space. I turn off the grip heaters (30 dergrees), turn off the Gerbing's and then unplug. I go to get off and suddenly, OH SH---!!!! Some idiot forgot to drop the side stand! I've been riding for 40+ years and for the first time ever I don't put down the side stand first. Fortunately the Canyon Cages saved the majority of the plastic. The left mirror plastic is scraped up as well as the bag. Of coarse I said all last summer, "I should get a set of the rear Canyon Cages.......and didn't.  As soon as I got back up from rolling off, I looked around and fortunately no one else was around to see my udder stupidity. Ugh!

I did the same thing. Bought Canyon bars AFTER I mess it all up......  :mad: