• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

brake info

Wess

Can someone explain the difference in brake grades and what you suggest. I am getting ready to put my newly powder coated rear wheel, a new rotor, and a new tire on. I figure I might as well do the pads while I have it apart as hopefully I will not take the rear off again for a while. Is there any other maintenance I should do while it is apart? Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239
2956721740102653285S200x200Q85.jpg

Hey Wess, hope you are feeling better... As for your question, I might add new wheel bearings. If you've already done that, then never mind. Take care

Replaced everything but the dampers in the rear wheel. I have two sets of wheels so I can have spares ready to go with no down time. PS what is that O ring in with the dampers for? There is no fluid in there. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239

PS what is that O ring in with the dampers for? There is no fluid in there. To keep the outside out, and the inside in. Sounds like a snappy answer, but it's the simple truth. Think of it more as a dust seal that can keep rainwater and road spooge out.

Thats the only thing I could think of. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239