• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake pads

D

drp055934

Can someone tell me what type of compound the brake pads are made of, on a stock bike. Would like to put back on the same type brakes. (ceramic, metalic, etc)

OEM pads are Sintered Metal.
No idea who supplies them to Kawasaki.

I used EBC HHs when I replaced the OEMs and they were good.
I currently have Ferodo HHs.
I won't be buying the Ferodos again.
They work but the pads are wearing the rotors quite badly.

Boomer said:
OEM pads are Sintered Metal.
No idea who supplies them to Kawasaki.

I used EBC HHs when I replaced the OEMs and they were good.
I currently have Ferodo HHs.
I won't be buying the Ferodos again.
They work but the pads are wearing the rotors quite badly.

I agreed.  Ferodo's work well, but EBC's work just as well, and don't seem to tear up the rotors as much

I went with OEM's and i havent had any trouble stopping so far  :)  I have heard good things about the EBC's as well. 

Clinton said:
I went with OEM's and i havent had any trouble stopping so far  :)  I have heard good things about the EBC's as well.

I used the EBC's and actually liked the OEM pads better. The EBC pads were noisier and had way more brake dust. Of course just my opinion.

What i've seen on my EBC pads, is the HH pads don't dust much, but the orgasmic pads on the rear dust SUPER bad.  each ride, i have to clean the rim, tire & swing arm... ???

Greg said:
What i've seen on my EBC pads, is the HH pads don't dust much, but the orgasmic pads on the rear dust SUPER bad.  each ride, i have to clean the rim, tire & swing arm... ???
So in your opinion the orgasms aren't worth the trouble?
th_dunno.gif

The stock pads on my 2009 caused the front end to shutter like a warped disc. EBS stintered from Murph's fixed it.

UP

I like the feel of the OEM's and would rather stay with a softer pad and not risk damage to my rotors.  The trade off is changing pads more often, but it's not often enough to really matter to me.

UP said:
The stock pads on my 2009 caused the front end to shutter like a warped disc. EBS stintered from Murph's fixed it.

UP

Mine did have warped discs with the OEM pads. Changed the rotors and the problem went away!  :))