• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake Rotors & Rear Tire

zenek

Big Wheel
COG hade my first real touring ride on my 2004 Concours, 4800km 2800miles in 8 days perfect bike for the ride. My rear tire requires replacement & my front rotors warped (pulsatting front). Looking for recommendation on both. Looked at EBC rotors & dual compound rear tire. Are online purchases recommended? Thanks COG Zenek

I would check with Murph on the rotors. He sells a quality replacement and it's probably EBC. You might also check Ebay if don't want to pay for new. Buyer beware though. As for tires I currently run the Avons but I'm going to try the Piot GT's next. I need more mileage out of my rubber. It really depends on your riding style. Good luck and ride safe. '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/ Here is the link to Murphs. I am not touching the tire question. Look around I am sure someone has asked here before. :) ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Don't be so quick to replace those rotors without verifying that's the reason for the pulsating. My 2004 has about 39K miles, and I was experiencing pulsating right before I first replaced the front pads (at around 30K miles IIRC). While the calipers were dismounted, I thoroughly scrubbed the rotors with a Scotchbrite pad and brake cleaner to remove residue. Remounted the calipers w/ new pads, and the pulsation was completely gone.