• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

broken mirror

higround

Big Wheel
pushed on my left mirror and broke the glass.
anyone had the assembly apart and replaced the mirror?
HELP!
thanks
bruce

Not sure if you can just replace the mirror, they may sell the part as an assembly. Check the parts fiche on line somewhere. I just replaced a bunch of stuff and used cyclenationparts to order from. Good Luck

I seriously doubt Kawasaki has just the glass available. As far as I know they only sell the whole mirror assembly for about $150! (bracket and all)  I suggest taking it apart (the glass is already broken) and see. And glass place may be able to fix you right up if you already have it apart. Then you just get the glass and put it back together.

Your best bet would be to see if you can find someone who dropped their bike on the left side and replaced the mirror assy and still has their damaged one and then try to see if you can remove the glass from it and put it in yours. You might find one on Ebay.

Thanks All

Going to remove and try to replace the mirror in the assembly?
Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
Bruce