• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Buell Motor Co. is gone?

That is really too bad, Buell's thinking was outside the box, they made some neat design inovations, to bad that they got married to HD, that was a death wish from the start. Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049/A VA & WV AAD's You can have more fun with girls than motorcycles, but they don't always go where you point um.

I've owned 2 Buells including a 2003 Lightning currently in the stable. It is a great handling bike and a blast to ride. Was setting my sights on another one in the future but the decision to stop the line has made me drop my intentions. Yes Buell should have tried harder to go out on their own years ago but no one knows how that would have turned out either. (It was probably impossible for them to break away because of legal agreements between the two.) Even with the decision to stop Buell production, HD may not be out of the woods yet. MV Agusta may have been a bad business decision which may not have helped this current situation. It's anybody's guess from now on. I am saddened that the only American sport bike is no more. Hoping for a miracle...