• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bump - 2017 Nat'l MO Sporting Roads

Dwfree

As posted in this thread http://forum.cog-online.org/rallies-rides-and-events/show-me-some-fun!/ here are alternate routes for the rally for those with a more sporting bent. I've lived in MO and ridden the roads for ~20 yrs. Unfortunately, due to your location it's 100 miles to the best roads, either SW or SE. These are roads with a lot of 25-35 mph marked corners, decent to good pavement, clean , low population, low traffic. Most of the stuff closer to your lodge is 40-45 mph stuff requiring excessive speed to really be fun. I'll provide info on the roads and the best way back to the lodge if you want to leave early

From reading through posts I suspect people may still be arriving Monday, and Thursday is a big day with a bike show and banquet, so Tuesday to do the southwest roads, and Wednesday to do the southeast roads. The best roads are in red, lesser roads in magenta. The routes are very flexible, especially getting back to your lodge (depending on time and energy levels).

Southwest Roads - Tuesday - I have designated a meeting place in Lebanon (Break Time conv store @ Hwy 5 & Hwy 64 intersection) for the southwest roads. ~45 min ride from the lodge.

Southeast Roads -Wednesday -  meeting place is in St. Robert right off I-44 (Kum N Go conv store exit 181 I44 south side). ~1 hr ride from the lodge.

My thought would be an 9:00 kickstands up time. Can be earlier. Those interested post here or text/call me at .

Attachments

• MO Roads SE.zip
    52.1 KB · Views: 103
  • MO Roads SW.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 106