• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 side car adaption

I'm sure it has been done, but if it were me, I'd choose a bike with more modern brakes that could handle the extra weight.

After a serious bike accident back in 03, someone from this group visited me on one.  He was from north NJ.  Can't remember his name or handle, unfortunately.  (In my defense, I was on a LOT of prescription pain killers at the time - But I really appreciated the visit!)  It had modified front suspension to help with the steering, and upgraded brakes as well. 

The front end was something along the lines of this:
sidecar.jpg

Would/could the pic be reversed,most American rigs are mounted on the right side/Europe etc. on the left.As long as you have a frame you can mount a sidecar,that frontend is called a leading link.Very good looking rig. I have a BMW R100/7 w/a Velorex 562L with the stock R bike brakes,never had a problem.  The Wizard

It probably is a car tire,no leaning with a hack.But very often I have purposely raised the sidecar up in the air.Its totally different but fun.  The Wizard