• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can I have a TPS sensor from another bike, reprogrammed to my bike?

suPatramP

Training Wheels
I bought a used wheel, with a tire, rotor, & sensor.
I purchased my bike used and don't have the serial numbers to my Kipass FOB's.
Can I get the used sensor programmed to my bike?

IIRC the sensors will have an RFID # on them and that # gets put into a computer at the dealer and it will be programmed to recognize the sensor.  The FOB on the other hand cannot be programmed to another bike unless the # from the box that it came is available.

Jeremy said:
IIRC the sensors will have an RFID # on them and that # gets put into a computer at the dealer and it will be programmed to recognize the sensor.  The FOB on the other hand cannot be programmed to another bike unless the # from the box that it came is available.
OK, that sounds like a "yes" to me, thanks bro'