• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can the front wheel be rotated.

GaryN.

Training Wheels
In other words my question is. I noticed that the shop that replaced my front tire put it on so the arrow is going in reverse. I was wanting to know that if I took it off couldn't I simply turn it over so the arrow is going in the forward direction. I am thinking since I have never had the front wheel off myself that the rotors should line up equally with each other. True? I do have a radial in front and on cars that is a no-no.  Please tell me if I am correct or not. Thanks.

I see now this is the third thread you have going simultaniously asking about the same thing..

not good.

as for flipping the wheel.. doesn't work, you have a speedo drive mechanism on the left side...

replace the tire, I see now you have 5k miles on it running backwards...

this thread really does not need to continue further, as it's currently covered in 2 other ones.

Do you think I would have asked further if I got the answers I needed. And you are who for telling me that. I now know that it cannot be turned around. Is this a sight for answers or are only so many questions allowed. I am a paying member. I wonder how you can tell me I cannot ask but so many questions. If you read my previous questions and answer them I will have the answers I need. I have read many other posts and did not find the answers and still don't really have the previous posts questions answered.

Garrett said:
Do you think I would have asked further if I got the answers I needed. And you are who for telling me that. I now know that it cannot be turned around. Is this a sight for answers or are only so many questions allowed. I am a paying member. I wonder how you can tell me I cannot ask but so many questions. If you read my previous questions and answer them I will have the answers I need. I have read many other posts and did not find the answers and still don't really have the previous posts questions answered.
Actually, Reply #4 in your "Which front tire?" thread answered the question that you posted in this thread.

Asking the same question in multiple threads is frowned upon in every forum I've ever frequented, since before the internet was made public.  It clutters things up and makes it difficult for others to find the correct information.

As to who MOB is "for telling [you] that", he's probably one of the more knowledgeable members that you'll find on this forum.  You're new here, so some will cut you some slack.  Others won't.  No one here cares that you're a paying member.  I am too.  It means nothing.  I got plenty of help and information from this club before I became a paying member.  I also didn't act like an arrogant *** if people didn't spoon-feed me information.  Now, if you want to know who I am for telling you this, I'm a semi-anonymous voice among millions on the internet.  You're welcome to come to an event that I'm attending if you want to meet me in person. 

Garrett said:
In other words my question is. I noticed that the shop that replaced my front tire put it on so the arrow is going in reverse. I was wanting to know that if I took it off couldn't I simply turn it over so the arrow is going in the forward direction. I am thinking since I have never had the front wheel off myself that the rotors should line up equally with each other. True? I do have a radial in front and on cars that is a no-no.  Please tell me if I am correct or not. Thanks.

?

hmmm..
I thought I answered the question you asked above, based on the statments you made, quite nicely.. 

Garrett said:

what part of the top post am I supposed to believe you do
didn't KNOW, what you clearly ( by the post) seemed to miss it...????

I also asked a question in another thread, before finding the answer to that question in yet a third thread...

forgive me for not searching frantically for all the places you made statements, and asked w
questions, to co ordinate a concise clear answer....

I'll save you all of the work searching for where you asked other places, or simply made a statement..
here..

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=25607.msg550380#msg550380

and here

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=67034.msg550398#msg550398

good reading, every post you made is different in the question, if a question, and how it was stated...

see how confusing YOU made this all?

have a great day.
ride safe.

I understand not to cause confusion by asking the same exact question but if I may say so I hadn't got the answers I was asking but that is alright and I am glad you gave me at least some answer. I have to learn this whole forum which is kind of a challenge at first. I just wanted more of the questions answered but you did fine and I am not in any way wanting any trouble with anyone but I would like to no if there is a place where the etiquette for this forum is posted so not to rub this forum wrong at any time. OK.Thanks for your help.

On my trip out to the '16 nats I spun a wheel bearing on the front of the 14 hunney. Pulled it off for replacement and noticed an arrow on the wheel that was contradictory to the tire ( notice them big words?  :beerchug:) Now on the 14 you can rotate the wheel you just put the chime ring on the other side. Never noticed it before. About 3 tire changes ago I took it to a local shop wheel off and discs and everything removed, Pretty sure they screwed it up and poor me I just followed tire rotation after that. Next tire change I will remedy that situation but I suspect wheel rotation doesn't matter. Just tire. Knowing little about the C10 if it has a mechanical drive for the speedo, no joy in a flip. Your a bit of a distance from me otherwise I would offer for you to come over to the house and we'll flip that tire ricky tick. If you still have the receipts from the last tire change I'd head on down there and ask for a replacement tire (5k now on the reversed?) and at the very least a free flip to make it right. Best of luck.  :great:

I did answer your question yesterday about this exact issue.  Look in your other thread that you posted yesterday.

OMC....when you rotated the tire on the 14, did you change out your air for the counter-clockwise stuff?  you're gonna be way out of balance otherwise.  ;D

Sport Rider said:
OMC....when you rotated the tire on the 14, did you change out your air for the counter-clockwise stuff?  you're gonna be way out of balance otherwise.  ;D
I did. You have no idea how hard left handed air is to find! Especially in a metric size  :D :D :D