• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Canyon Cages Install Help...

Ironaltar

Big Wheel
Please HELP!!!!!!

I just bought a pair of MC Canyon Cages from a Kaw repair shop in Arizona... trouble is, they did not come with any hardware.  Now, I knew this going in but I could not have known MCE uses maybe two (2) or more specialty pieces to install.  the 7/16-14 Step Nut, 1X7/16X 1.56 Spacer and I guess maybe the Plastic finishing cap.  That Counter Bored spacer is gonna be hard to find, I expect.

Does anyone know where I could purchase the hardware for the install?  I've already called MC Enterprise and since they closed the business at the end of 2018 they have nothing for me.  I can try to piece together the hardware from the instructions bolt by bolt, washer by washer but what a PITA.
I am in Colorado.  Maybe someone knows a store that would carry most of these items.  ???
-IronAltar

Indeed.  I gave up.  Returned the cages for a refund and will purchase NEW w hardware.  Sometimes saving a buck works... But sometimes it doesn't.

IronAltar said:
Indeed.  I gave up.  Returned the cages for a refund and will purchase NEW w hardware.  Sometimes saving a buck works... But sometimes it doesn't.
Where are you going to purchase them, Ebay?

It appears MCE is shut down and eliminated inventory.  Oh well, the demand is there.  Maybe another manufacturer will step up.