• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Catalunya MotoGP this past weekend

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
Pretty good racing this past weekend at Catalunya, both MotoGP and Moto2, I thought.  Nice to see a contest for the win right up to the end of both races,  but not sure what I make of Stoner hanging out in 4th/5th position.  Pretty nasty crash at the end of the Moto2 race that took Espargaro out- I guess Marquez got away with it but looked pretty heinous on the tube I thought.  :eek:

I was a little bummed when Spies ran off and went down after that pass for the lead. It looked like he was a man on a mission. First that great start. Then he was all over Pedrosa until he finally got by. But unfortunately that little piece of grass got him. But I was impressed how he came from way behind the field to finish 10th. A nice comeback after a mistake that cost him a possible win.
  But the rest of the race was also a good battle with the two Spaniards. Lorenzo and Pedrosa made for an entertaining race, until the very end.

Cap'n Bob said:
    I was a little bummed when Spies ran off and went down after that pass for the lead. It looked like he was a man on a mission. First that great start. Then he was all over Pedrosa until he finally got by. But unfortunately that little piece of grass got him. But I was impressed how he came from way behind the field to finish 10th. A nice comeback after a mistake that cost him a possible win.

Agreed, 100%.  Looked like whatever the problems he has been dealing with were finally sorted, and he was so excited he over-rode the bike!  Loved watching him climb back up the places to finish, what, 10th?  Not bad, Ben, not bad!  :beerchug:  Hope this means he's back in action now for the rest of the season.

Interesting comparison here of the Yamaha vs. Honda bikes.  http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jun/120605rydernotes.htm

I'm liking Lorenzo even if he comes across as a bit of a computer and almost enjoying seeing Stoner drop back each race.  Think it might be in his head?

Yamaha certainly do have some depth eh?  The B squad (Dovi and Crutches) seem to be almost on par with the A team.  Not sure what's happening with Spies these days - had great hopes for him and I hope he's not turning into another Hayden.