• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cedar Key, Fl RTE

Connie girl

It  is that time again!

Due to so many events being on the calender, this event has been moved up to March.
So:.....

WHERE:  Cedar Key on Hwy 24 off FL Hwy 19 on the gulf side of the state.
WHEN:  March 30, 2013 , they open at 11:00
                    420 Dock Street
                    Cedar Key, Fl 32625
                    352-543-5142
                    steamerscederkey.com
                    info@steamerscedarkey.com

Will plan a meet at the intersection of Hwy 19 and Hwy 24 about 9:30 am and ride in together for anyone interested.

We have been to that location previously- was Froggies (sp?) previously.
It is upstairs above a real tourista gift shop.
Along the block of locations on the water on the west side of the key,
            this restaurant is 1/2 way on the block.
Note that they have re-routed traffic- one way in and out of the historical area on Dock ave.
You'll need to enter from the north end going west , turning south on Dock and then curve around the boat dock on the south end.

More info to follow.

Jo

:1rij:

Should be a few bikes serviced and ready to ride from the week before :) 

Wish I could be there. Just checked and realized that would put me halfway to Havana from my place.  So close, yet no cigar...

Enjoy!

Only 3 hours both ways..  sounds like a nice ride. Been to Cedar Key once with a bunch of guys for a weekend , had some fun  :great:

Busy calender...bump

:hee20hee20hee:

:cheer:

Time to get this going and see how many will show up to this long running ride hosted by Madam Secretary Jo Poole. Last time we went to Cedar Key, they ran out of oysters, ran down to the docks to get my order , and they were some of the best I've ever eaten.....and the freshest possible.  Al

Me and a couple of guys from Savannah are mulling this one over.  If good weather we will probably make it.  We go to the BMW version held in Jan so a 600 mile day for lunch isn't new for us  :))  Plus my riding bud just loves the clams down there, me I don't do seafood of any kind, the ride is the reason  ;D

8)

:cheer: :1rij: :cheer:

:06:

BUMP    :motonoises: :motonoises:

Its a low 25% chance due to 3 already scheduled rides.  I'll keep you informed handyman as I'm in Tallahassee.

Miles

Mike, we haven't seen you since your Christmas cookout, Sure was a good feed there buddy. Glad you'll have another chance to make a ride. See you there.....      Al

bummity bump

Try to get this ride in, and consider it just your practice/ test things out before many of you head for the RWTW event late April!!!      :) 

:cheer:                          :cheer:

Jo said:
bummity bump

Try to get this ride i, and consider it just your practice/ test things out before many of you head for the RWTW event late April!!!      :) 

:cheer:                          :cheer:

That's my plan. ;)

I know..... there's a lot going on in SECOG right now, and it's hard to keep everything topical and near the top. Registration is struggling for this event, even though we usually have a very good ride attendance number. Please consider adding your name to the event registration on the calendar feature if you're even thinking about this ride. This is a no charge/fee ride for our members, held at a nice destination, with good food and lots of COG fellowship. You don't want to miss going to Cedar Key do you?      Al
**************** All are welcome...member or not. **********************

I and wifey can't make it.  :'( :'(

We will have company in town. Maybe I can talk him into renting a bike while here, he and his S.O. do ride.

I just realized that this is going to be on Easter weekend, I have family coming into town & staying with me so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend  :'(

I hope you all have a great, and safe, ride today. I am sidelined with a major home repair issue. Hope to get it settled before the next big events.
Cheers,
Randy

Major head cold...as in my head feels like it's going to fall off, has me missing this ride today. Didn't want to spend the day at home blowing my nose every ten seconds. Hope you all have a fun day.      Al

It was super to meet some new people, put faces to names and spend time with  "old" friends again.
Thanks to everyone that came..connie riders or friends,.......all went well and you made it happen.

Go COGGERS!!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon: