• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cedar Key RTE tomorrow 1-24-15

COGnosticator

I can't stand it any more. I haven't been on the bike since CCCC in November and once I have my surgery next month I won't be able to ride again until May or later.  I can live through some hip pain just to get on the bike again.

So, tomorrow a buddy and I are heading out to Cedar Key for the annual BMW RTE, rain or more rain.  It looks to get better as the day goes on too.  After that I am heading to Daytona Beach to stay with some friends and head home Sunday.

Anybody else thinking about going?  We will get there between 12 & 12:30 and are going to eat at Tony's Chowder  http://www.tonyschowder.com/  then go over to where the BMW guys are gathering for a while.  I don't eat seafood but my buddy swears by how good Tony's chowder is, I can find something to eat there.  ;D

I might go.  Joni is visiting here mother over in Jesup.  What route are ya'll taking/ :motonoises:

Bummer, my Conc is in the middle of heavy maintenance. I'm gonna head out now and work quick like a bunny and see iff'n I can get this stuff done.

I had some of Tony's chowder at the Blue Gator in Dunnellon, site of the next mid Flowriduh RTE. I was pleasantly surprised to see it there. Good stuff. 

Is there a link we can post to if a few people get in on this to let them know at BMWNEF?

Jerry, appreciate the linky butt I'm not gonna make it. Probably won't finish until noon-ish.

Enjoy the chowder and your visit down here.

how was Cedar Key? We are heading there in April, but in the truck with the Kayak. Spending a long weekend. Let em know any good places to eat.

Now that's what I`m talking about. Tony's Clam Chowder looks like a cool detour if a fella was headed up the 19 anyway. Looks like a few campgrounds out that a way too. Oh paradise to a frozen Canuck right now sounds like chillin' on the beach with some chowder and beer within sight of my C10 and tent. Thanks POI saved.
Anyone by anychance been to the Shell Mound County Park campground in Cedar Keys?

Have a great ride together.

Way down upon the Suwannee River
Far far away
That's where my heart is turning ever
That's where the old folks stay
All up and down the old plantation
And for the old folks at home

I don't eat seafood, but my buddy loves the clams, and clam chowder at Tony's.  Either BMW called off the ride to eat or it wasn't this past weekend as we were the only bikes there.  We met up with Reid and his friend in Starke then on to Cedar Key.  After eating we rode around the town, about 6 blocks worth  ;D and saw one other bike. Cold and wet in the morning ride but turned out to be a beautiful afternoon ride to Daytona where we stayed with some friends.

Cedar Key is a quaint small place with some good restaurants and is worth the visit.