• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cee Bailey 26.5 from Murph! LOVIN IT!

06conrad

Road Bike
  :D Thanks for some awesome service there Murph! Great to support those who support us! ;)

Shield installs in a snap (from here on out) light tensioning of screws avoids the term "with a snap :p

In the process there is a learning curve I want to help you out of. We all like twisties but not of this type! I got the part about don't over tighten the screws at the risk of cracking the shield. I LEARNED that if you have a hard time aligning the screws (graciously sent ahead of the shield by Murph I might add!) with one of the rubbermount stand offs (all screws below the top 2 on each side) pushing the screw harder into them can push the rubber grommet into the fairing shroud by the headlight resulting in a 15 minute conversion being converted into a "Get to know your Connies plastics" session. Furthermore if you do it on a gravel driveway with a partially buried stepstone for a side stand pad you just could spend some time looking for the screws that were on your seat among the rocks after uprighting said vehicle utilizing the now famous and practiced art of the side saddle squat press lift. We will call this an unrecognized cda part b..

don't push the screw into the grommets = 15 minutes to convert shield.
pushing screws into the grommets = 2 hours to convert shield with the added bonus of plastic familiarity!
plan accordingly!  :))

As an aside. At 6"1' with 33" inseam the shield gives complete coverage of the road and vehicles through the shield in a relaxed slightly slumped posture. Sitting fully upright I peer over the shield with slight helmet noise to see rear tires 2-3 car lengths ahead. For me this is perfect. Now if I could find a blocker for the vent during the coldest of days or heaviest of rains It will be pure heaven!  O:)

BTW you can get those rubber nuts from Murph if I remember right.  Mine was lost for good and had to be replaced so I know where you are coming from.

Doug,  Many use a short piece of foam pipe insulation.  The kind that is tubular and slit down 1 side.  That works on the rifle anyway.

Dscn3043.jpg

Dscn3042.jpg

Thanks Bob!
I thought about just leaving it and looking at ordering another as I need nut clips and fairing screws as well after my first disassembly and not tight enough reassembly! I couldn't let it go.. I suppose I will be ordering Murphs delux bolt kit soon enough as I also have the rusty nut passenger back rest as well.

Thanks Slybones and Sawfiler. I happen to have a bit of that laying around. I was seeing the goldwing Cee Bailey has actual vents available for them. Sure makes me wonder if they are bigger than the hole I have so I could modify my shield to use one of them.