• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Central Tx. Area meet

smithr

Any Austin area peeps hanging out here?  Lets talk about doing something.  Iz your AAD now.  Kinda need ideas for sumpin to do that you guys will attend?  EYEm mainly talking day events but we can talk weekend rally also.

Wish I could!  I just (well...a year ago..) accepted a new job and moved from San Antonio to Germany.  Oh well I will probably return in a couple of years. :motonoises:

Hey Bob

I live in San Antonio and the riding season is about to begin.  We could meet up somewhere half way and ride in the Hill Country.

Steve

I'm in Dallas but am always willing to come down to ride the hill country if my schedule allows...

I'm in Plano and might be up for this, too. The hill country is a lot more interesting than north Teehoss.

One of my favorite roads in the Austin area is 1431 between Cedar Park and Marble Falls. That is a beautiful, scenic ride.

Sorry got slammed with life after I posted this. 

I know there are about 9 members closer to Austin but seems none are here on the forum.  I think the only way I am going to get them to come out of the woodwork is to have free stuff.  I may work on an event for the winter that is not about riding but just meeting each other.  If we form a friendship then I think most are more willing to come to events because people they know and like will be there. 

I will also work on riding the hill country more.  I just don't have my new to me bike ready for that yet. 

Ahhh 1431, I was on it twice in the last week.

FM 1431 is great.....Lime Creek Road......nice

I agree, 1431 was a favorite, then another time it was 39 from 83 to Kerrville.  But then another time my favorite was 187 to 470...but then there was 335, and then 336, and then it was 337...but then 16 through Medina and then 1888 to Blanco....You get the idea...