• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Change Password

Topster

How do I change my password? Did a search for "password change" and info for pw change that comes up doesn't match anything on my pages.

Camper Dave said:
If you change your password here, does it make it's was over the the main site???? :confuse:

I think your right Dave. I think it needs to be changed in COGMOS to do both!

You must do this from the Cogmos member area!   ;)

From the member area, click on "my info", on the black menu line on the top of the page. This will bring you into "my info".

Once in the "my info" section.  Click on the button "view" on the top left corner (right under "my info").  After clicking on "view", a menu should drop down under it. Select the second choice on the menu, "My Membership ", and click on this choice.

This will bring you into the "My Membership " section of the my info section. Again on the left hand top corner, click on the "actions" button. This will make another drop down menu appear with "Edit User name/Password". Click on this and you should be ready to change your name or password!

Hope this helps!!!!

cogmos is our other web site that handles membership info and things like calendar, tech area and area pages.  Get to it many different ways but clicking on the big COG symbol at the top of the screen here works.

This forum is separate in all respects except that it grabs your membership info from cogmos for log in confirmation.  I know it seems confusing but it works better for us as a club and administrators.  Sorry Cap n Bob post of how to change the password reads as so difficult but it is correct and not really that hard.

PS:  Can we have the mods or someone remove the wrong answer given at fist in this thread please.

Cap'n Bob said:
smithr-scad said:
PS:  Can we have the mods or someone remove the wrong answer given at fist in this thread please.

Done!

Can we please have someone correct the software to remove the change password option from the forum profile account settings?

:p

Good point, thanks.

I have just taken a quick look, and don't see a quick way to do this.
I'll need to look round the SMF Forums and see how to change this under the hood.

Colin