• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Chatterbox ?

I'm riding a c-10, my son and grandson are riding a zx14 and 650r. We want to have communication amongst the three of us. I'm somewhat concerned with the cost and reliability of the GMRSX1. Any suggestions ? thanks Mike

Well I have an autocomm so I have no direct input. But I know several groups of husband/wife teams that ride all over together and love the chatterbox. -- When the time comes that I have the wife riding some distance on her little Ninja 250 I will be replacing my Autocomm with a pair of Chatterbox(s). 2003 Concours, 58K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

the X1 is excellent! I actually bought one from a pawn shop a few weeks ago for $80! AMAZING! But I ride a Fz6 and dad has a connie. I Use the X1 and he has the FRS X2 (which is the older model). Both work EXCELLENT with each other just DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy the multisport. I use a mp3 as well and love them. Yea they are bulky but we can go up to 2 miles away from each other and still communicate. Your sons will NOT have a problem communicating with all of you if you either have the FRSx2 or the GMRSx1

All those capital letters just begs the question: Why not buy the Chatterbox MultiSport? My lady and I are trying a cheap wired headset (<$30) combo that will play music too. The headsets are very sensitive so any wind noise over 40mph makes them unusable. And we have full face, new, HJC helmets to cover our noggins. Still windy over the mikes. Got the mikes covered with soft foam now but still noisy.

All those capital letters just begs the question: Why not buy the Chatterbox MultiSport?
Older tech, only 2 channels FRS vs. 8FRS/8GMRS on the newer models, doesn't work with the noise canceling headset.... need I say more? ;)

I have the scala rider G4. Haven't used the wife's unit yet, but mine works well with the Zumo and Blackberry. Sound quality from the speakers is not good enough to enjoy music...

I have had the Chatterbox....I thing the X2 older model. Junk. I moved on to Autocom and will stick with them. Starcom is about as good. Maybe the newer Cbox is better, but I would not risk it again.