• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cheap c14

Motorcyclerider

I found a c14 complete bike with no title which I could always get a bonded title and no key. I know these bikes have special keys. How much trouble is it to get a key? Can you get the ecu flashed so it will disable the security system in able to get the bike to start. Or get a key and corresponding module so you don’t have to go to Kawasaki to program it? The bike is less the $1000

Without the fob, I believe the entire KiPass system has to be replaced and new fobs programmed into the new KiPass system by a dealer or someone with the KDS3 system. Rough estimate is $1000-$1200. KiPass system requires the KDS3.

Don't forget there is a service out there that got someone going within the last 2 or 3 years. Might have been on the other forum. Freddy might remember.

There is Carmo in Holland, Ostan in Australia and one in USA whose name I'll hafta dig up. They need the ignition lock assembly and proof of ownership in order to create a new passive fob which then allows the ignition to be turn on.

Here 'tis. :)

and the other two.

Last edited:
ha ha. I'll be kicked off here next month as my membership will expire. Some kind soul paid the fee last year but, on principle, I won't as it's unreasonable in my view for an overseas forum-only member to be expected to pay to contribute to the collective knowledge. The US/AU $ exchange rate exacerbates the matter. ☹️

Last edited:
ha ha. I'll be kicked off here next month as my membership will expire. Some kind soul paid the fee last year but, on principle, I won't as it's unreasonable in my view for an overseas forum-only member to be expected to pay to contribute to the collective knowledge. The US/AU $ exchange rate exacerbates the matter. ☹️
Well... It seems you haven't learned one thing about your motorcycle here that you didn't already know. If that is the case then you will save money and not have to review things you already know. Add to that, you wouldn't want to contribute anything to anybody here that can learn from your vast knowledge base. So... ride on and enjoy your life.

Most don't realize that our Overseas members get nothing for being a member.
(Other than an occasional Copy of the Concourier, and access to the Forum/shared knowledge)

Freddy has shared a lot of knowledge. We'll miss his input.

Ride safe, Ted

The COG listserver and Forum were free since the very beginning of the organization. The recent policy change to limit it to only members is taking COG backwards instead of forward, and is driving members away instead of attracting them. It's also reducing the knowledge base here.

Some people get satisfaction from sharing knowledge with others... some people think its a waste of time and personal resources.
If I can help I do... then... if I want something for it and I don't get anything I then let it go. I tend to just forget about at some point and turn it over to the universe. It seems the universe tend to favor me when I am not expecting it.

in my opinion this forum has value for anybody that comes here. Their is no way a person can know everything contained inside the world of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems that is constantly evolving. The price a rider pays for it is minuscule compared to what it offers.